Cycle 2 work and freeride weekend HT!!

mumBLE5
mumBLE5 Posts: 153
edited October 2008 in MTB buying advice
Right I have a full sus for extreme freeride but i have been using it to cycle to work but its a nightmare in the wet etc.

So I have decided to get a HT through our cycle to work scheme which allows up to 1000 from a couple of shops locally who can pretty much get anything.

I'm looking for a bike that I can get to work on but not a road bike (anything has to be better than the full sus) but a bike that will do for freeride and DJ and a bit or trail riding.

I have looked at the identiti dr jekyll, scott yz 0.5 and the kona cowan and think i may be leaning towards the cowan..

Any reviews on this bike or thoughts of other HT... Don’t have enough for a santa cruze camealien or orange sub zero... :cry:

Comments

• passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    On-One 456 might suit - takes up to a 140mm fork and has had excellent reviews. A good value frame and they do cycle scheme at On-One/Planet X. Not sure about DJing (not my thing) but it will certainly do the other stuff well.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • guilliano
    guilliano Posts: 5,495
    Commencal Absolut 1 at £900???