The Sausage and Bacon Bap

Comments

• always_tyred
    always_tyred Posts: 4,965
    That's just a cooked breakfast, no? But without the mushrooms and baked beans... and the brown sauce...

Fools. They're the best bits.

No, that's not JUST a cooked breakfast, because it has 2 hockey pucks comprising congealed blood and offal in the middle, the taste of which is disguised by vast quantities of pepper. This places it head and shoulders above *just* a cooked breakfast.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,929
    nicklouse wrote:
    Hash Browns my Ar5e!

Obviously you people have no idea!

Allow be to present the greatest combination of bread, fat and meat in the know universe.

The majesty that is the Ulster Fry!

fry.jpg

Side order of chips optional

Mug of tea with sugar mandatory.

where is the White pudding?

If we are going the whole hog may as well fry a pancake too

ulster_fry.JPG

Now wheres that waitress with my white pudding!!!
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • tailwindhome
    That's just a cooked breakfast, no? But without the mushrooms and baked beans... and the brown sauce...

No, that's not JUST a cooked breakfast, because it has 2 hockey pucks comprising congealed blood and offal in the middle, the taste of which is disguised by vast quantities of pepper. This places it head and shoulders above *just* a cooked breakfast.

Also note the key ingredients of Soda Bread and Potato Bread

Don't come near me with your "Full English,love?"
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • always_tyred
    I confess. I don't understand the necessity for both black pudding AND white pudding. Surely white pudding is just black pudding with more filler and therefore a less efficient use of limited plate surface area?
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    If you're at home try this bad boy

bacon (& sausage if you like) in eggy bread/french toast it's the sandwich of heart attacks..

Awesome
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • don_don
    don_don Posts: 1,007
    cjcp wrote:
    Damn you all!

I had fruit and fibre for breakfast.

Extra sultanas (living on the edge)

No milk.

:cry::cry::cry:

W.T.H. :shock:

This explains why you wear sandals. :wink::)

I wonder if the sandals cause the cereal or vice versa....

In fact, I don't like milk, so if I have cereal it's always dry, tea and coffee always black.

Which is why I try not to have cereal.

:cry:

A friend of mine has orange juice in his cereal. Not sure it'd work in the tea/coffee though...
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    is it not a Soda Farl not bread?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Jen J
    Jen J Posts: 1,054
    don_don wrote:
    A friend of mine has orange juice in his cereal. Not sure it'd work in the tea/coffee though...

When I was a kid, I accidntally poured orange juice onto my Shreddies instead of milk. My wicked stepmother (now ex) made me eat it. It was indeed disgusting.
    Commuting: Giant Bowery 08
    Winter Hack: Triandrun Vento 3
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • That's just a cooked breakfast, no? But without the mushrooms and baked beans... and the brown sauce...

I like black pudding, has to be good quality though. Also, where are the hash browns in this 'Irish' breakfast?

I also like those sausages you get in Scotland which are flat.

And I've tried orange juice in my cereal, and found it a bit odd!
  • nicklouse
    I am happy that i will be having for supper to night the following Sausages.
    Lamb Merguez

We have now changed this sausage to a much better recipe. It now contains Harissa Rose which is the traditional Moroccan spice that should be in the Merguez.
    It just happen to be what is not in the freezer.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    Also, where are the hash browns in this 'Irish' breakfast?

Well that's gone and torn it.........

Also the big square flat Jock Sausage is minging - FACT.

This is from someone who is a pudding (black and white) monster and offal scoffer. The odder the better - I'm your man, but that square sausage humps.
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    I confess. I don't understand the necessity for both black pudding AND white pudding. Surely white pudding is just black pudding with more filler and therefore a less efficient use of limited plate surface area?

I'd have to agree. An extra two sausages beats variety in this context.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Littigator
    Littigator Posts: 1,262
    biondino wrote:
    My breakfast was muesli, but then I offered to go get milk from M&S and next thing I know I'm bringing back M&S assorted biscuits for all and stuffing my face.

Agree with Jen - egg is nasty and only good for cake and, perhaps, pasta.

Also, wtf brown sauce? Why not just lick the floor under the counter in your local greasy spoon, it'll taste the same (and contain more fibre).

See everyone...I told you he was gay!
    Roadie FCN: 3

Fixed FCN: 6
  • nicklouse
    cjcp wrote:

I'd have to agree. An extra two sausages beats variety in this context.

totally different tastes.
  • always_tyred

I like black pudding, has to be good quality though. Also, where are the hash browns in this 'Irish' breakfast?

Okay - "good quality" black pudding is again, somewhat oxymoronical. Its pretty hard to get bad quality black pudding, or haggis for that matter, because the "quality ingredients" bar is so incredibly low. If you shop in Waitrose, you can get "gormet" haggis/black/white pudding, but, honestly, that's simply a vehicle to hoodwink people stupid enough to somehow believe that it is remotely possible to have a healthy haggis/black pudding/white pudding.

Its all in the preparation.

There is a certain type of B&B proprietor in Scotland with the unique ability to ruin black pudding. It requires special training and in addition, one has to be magestically misley and churlish to begin with. You can tell before you book though - if they offer breakfast "any time you want between 8 and 8:15", hang up and try somewhere else.

Should this be in rants?
  • cjcp
    Clever Pun wrote:

bacon (& sausage if you like) in eggy bread/french toast it's the sandwich of heart attacks..

Awesome

That'll kill a grown man before he's finished it.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Greg T wrote:
    Also, where are the hash browns in this 'Irish' breakfast?

Well that's gone and torn it.........

Also the big square flat Jock Sausage is minging - FACT.

This is from someone who is a pudding (black and white) monster and offal scoffer. The odder the better - I'm your man, but that square sausage humps.

I heart offal.

I think with any sausage, square or cylindrical, it's the quality that makes it rather than the shape. You obviously had some dodgy ones.

And am also a fan of 'unusual' food, which is one reason why I like Finland so much! Where else can you get sauteed bear?
  • cjcp
    And am also a fan of 'unusual' food, which is one reason why I like Finland so much! Where else can you get sauteed bear?

I've got elk pate at home, from Norway or Sweden, one of the two.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • knight2k
    knight2k Posts: 119
    Always Tyred wrote

Black pudding is blood and filler whereas white pudding is pork meat and filler. I only discovered it whilst touring Ireland in the summer. They have distinctly different tastes and therefore enriches the breakfast experience. Definately worth a try.
  • Greg T
    AT, CJ,

No no no, white pudding is a gift from God. Given the option of another sausage or a white pudding the Gentlemen Breakfaster should take the White pudding IN ADDITION to his normal sausages.

Problems arise if a selection of tasty sausages are available but even in this case I'd suggest that unless the Lincolnshire and Cumberland are both left untasted you should go for the pudding. No Doubt.

• Littigator
    This thread has taken a very strange turn for a Friday morning...for any morning for that matter.

White pudding is the devils sputum fried in lard!

• tailwindhome

Look, Lost in Thought you seem like a nice girl. And I apologise, I'm hungry and when I get hungry I get cranky.

I'm going to say this once.

Hash Browns are in America, where they belong, along with "Trick or Treating", "Happy Holidays" and Madonna

I'm glad I got that off my chest

Oh yeah, and don't think I havent noticed that Greg T is "working from home" today.

Sounds like complete failure to MTFU!
  • Littigator
    Littigator wrote:
    This thread has taken a very strange turn for a Friday morning...for any morning for that matter.

White pudding is the devils sputum fried in lard!

I can see why GTs such a big fan! After all he does just love scoffing sausage :wink::lol:

• nicklouse
    Time for a nice Thai red curry.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    cjcp wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:

Awesome

That'll kill a grown man before he's finished it.

maybe someone as skinny as you... real men can handle one a year
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • moonio
    moonio Posts: 802
    I just had toasted cheese and tomato sandwich...yum!!

But it doesnt beat 2 slices of toast with marmite and fried egg in between.
    As you bite into it, the yolk bursts and you get hot liquid egg and marmite gushing down your throat..
    Its really is lush
  • That's just a cooked breakfast, no? But without the mushrooms and baked beans... and the brown sauce...

Look, Lost in Thought you seem like a nice girl. And I apologise, I'm hungry and when I get hungry I get cranky.

I'm going to say this once.

Hash Browns are in America, where they belong, along with "Trick or Treating", "Happy Holidays" and Madonna

True, but they're just hashed potatoes. The words are certainly american, and the inclusion in breakfast probably is too, but I always used to get them with a fry-up in cornwall, simply called 'hash'.
  • Feltup
    Feltup Posts: 1,340
    drooling_homer-712749.gif
    Short hairy legged roadie FCN 4 or 5 in my baggies.

Felt F55 - 2007
    Specialized Singlecross - 2008
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
    Peugeot Tourmalet - 1983 - taken more hits than Mohammed Ali
  • cjcp wrote:

I've got elk pate at home, from Norway or Sweden, one of the two.

Oooh I had some lovely elk in helsinki, and reindeer, but the bear was just brilliant and I've never seen it anywhere else.
  • Greg T
    Littigator wrote:

I can see why GTs such a big fan! After all he does just love scoffing sausage :wink::lol:

Have you been taking your brave pills again Litts?

Listen I'm all for a bit of banter and leg pulling but let's face it from a man who looks like a stretched horse - who rides behind his wife " to look after her" (read -so the big boys don't skin him ragged on their BMXs) and had to take some time to fan his face and take some air as the SCR thread was a bit racy for him - I don't think I need to....

Come on Lanky let's see your Kung Fu.