Forum home Mountain biking forum MTB workshop & tech

Help adding a bash guard

gravitysuxgravitysux Posts: 25
edited October 2008 in MTB workshop & tech
I thought this would be an easy task, but it seems my absolut 2 (2009) has a 34T chain ring, and the E13 bash guard I want in white, comes in 32 36 but not 34T!

I planned to buy a new chain ring too, a 36T but im worried now that this wont fix to my cranks as the fixings might be in a different place??

Can anyone advise me what would be best to do ?? These parts are quite expensive and I dont want to waste nearly 60 quid !!

Cheers !!

• nicklousenicklouse Posts: 81,520 Lives Here
    so what are the current cranks?

is the bike geared or SS?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • The cranks are Truvativ Ruktion 1.0 BG. It has a SRAM rear mech and a single chainring upfront.
  • BikerbaboonBikerbaboon Posts: 1,017
    make sure that you need a 4 or 5 bolt. an then the holes should be in the same place. a 36t middle ring 4 bolt will have it holes in the same place as a 4bolt 32t middle ring.
    Nothing in life can not be improved with either monkeys, pirates or ninjas
  • Great thats exactly what I wanted to hear !! Do you think that I will feel much difference pedaling going from 34T to 36T ? I dont imagine so, its only 2 more teeth!
  • BikerbaboonBikerbaboon Posts: 1,017
    Like you say its only 2 teeth. I did the swap as i was running a tripple and was moving to useing a doubble with bash. 36 is a bit quicker and a bit harder work up the hills.
    Nothing in life can not be improved with either monkeys, pirates or ninjas