Help adding a bash guard

gravitysux
gravitysux Posts: 25
edited October 2008 in MTB workshop & tech
I thought this would be an easy task, but it seems my absolut 2 (2009) has a 34T chain ring, and the E13 bash guard I want in white, comes in 32 36 but not 34T!

I planned to buy a new chain ring too, a 36T but im worried now that this wont fix to my cranks as the fixings might be in a different place??

Can anyone advise me what would be best to do ?? These parts are quite expensive and I dont want to waste nearly 60 quid !!

Cheers !!

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    so what are the current cranks?

is the bike geared or SS?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • The cranks are Truvativ Ruktion 1.0 BG. It has a SRAM rear mech and a single chainring upfront.
  • Bikerbaboon
    Bikerbaboon Posts: 1,017
    make sure that you need a 4 or 5 bolt. an then the holes should be in the same place. a 36t middle ring 4 bolt will have it holes in the same place as a 4bolt 32t middle ring.
    Nothing in life can not be improved with either monkeys, pirates or ninjas
  • Great thats exactly what I wanted to hear !! Do you think that I will feel much difference pedaling going from 34T to 36T ? I dont imagine so, its only 2 more teeth!
  • Bikerbaboon
    Bikerbaboon Posts: 1,017
    Like you say its only 2 teeth. I did the swap as i was running a tripple and was moving to useing a doubble with bash. 36 is a bit quicker and a bit harder work up the hills.
    Nothing in life can not be improved with either monkeys, pirates or ninjas