How often and far do you ride your bike...?

2»

Comments

• I'm currently ramping up my mileage after a long break. My mileage has never been that great here anyway. Tenerife's the sort of place where if you ride a certain distance, ~2% is the height gained. I.e. ride 100km, go vertically up 2km.

Today I did a medium-length ride... the longest in quite a while... almost 75km with at least 1000m cumulative ascent.
    Yesterday I did a shortish 16km / 500m climb
    The day before that, 28km / 750m.

Not easy to do easy training here. :(
  • I try to commute 4 days out of 5 injury/other commitments permitting and weekends are difficult due to work commitments. At an average I'd say 12-15 miles in the morning and 20-25 miles on the commute home with around 2kft of climbing in total.
  • i try to do 80 to 100 miles a week and a minimum of 50 no matter how wet and windy it is, so a 100 mile week would usually be 3 rides of about 30 miles or so or a couple of 40 to 50 milers hopefully hitting my 5000 mile target for the year
  • I commute roughly 4 out of 5 days, which is around 90miles and usually do 10 mile country road ride on the other midweek day. This hopefully gets me out on either Saturday or Sunday for 20-40mile ride.
    So I guess I do between 100-140miles a week

I have also mixed my commute ride up, therefore in my trip from Central London to South-east suburbs I end up going via Parliment or Waterloo bridge, Blackfriars bridge, London Bridge, Tower Bridge or even Rotherhithe tunnell and the Ferry via East London.
    Old kent road or the Lower road..
  • chuckcork
    chuckcork Posts: 1,471
    Out by myself like the past few non-club runs I've done, I try and do between 50-60km as a distance, but before longer events where I'm trying to get myself a bit more in shape ahead of them, I've done up to 120km, which might be a club run + a few hours extra, or just going out by myself.

Getting the time to do it is more of a problem, I want to spend some time with the family after all.
    'Twas Mulga Bill, from Eaglehawk, that caught the cycling craze....
  • meagain
    meagain Posts: 2,331
    Near enough every day (unless I'm away on hols or nice Sat/Sun when it's the engined 2 wheeler). Av nearly 500 per month so far this year. 2007 only about 3000 miles (surgery and the PTW took out time). Just over 7000 in each of 2005 & 2006.
    BUT it is every day that I'm "available" - weather doesn't signify!
    d.j.
    "Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."
  • My mileage has never been that great here anyway. Tenerife's the sort of place where if you ride a certain distance, ~2% is the height gained. I.e. ride 100km, go vertically up 2km.

[four yorkshiremen mode on]
    Luxury!
    [four yorkshiremen mode off]
    you should try the Pennines :) This is why hours riding is more informative than miles...
  • boshy
    boshy Posts: 1
    I commute 6-10 miles a day (depends where I'm getting fed that night :lol: ) and try and get a couple of 30-40 milers on over the weekend. Mainly around Coventry-Solihull rural belt or sometimes a circuit around Cov if I'm feeling energetic.

So about 100-120 miles per week.

Would be more but Masters assignments get in the way....