How much do you weigh?

Comments

• GT Destroyer
    GT Destroyer Posts: 1,719
    Around the 19 stone mark for me. I do enjoy keeping fit in terms of biking when I can but I also LOVE food and beer!
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    I go between 12.5 and 13 stone.

Seems to be my ideal weight, although at 5'10", that makes me overweight according to BMI. I am not quite sure how, as I am back in my 32" waist jeans.

I do a bit of Commuting, XC and a bit of DH. Most of my miles are done in the local hills (the Pentlands), which I can ride to. I like to go to Glentress on a wednesday evening (it is very quiet) for a fart around on the freeride area, then a good 20 miles on a thursday (usually local), followed by something or other at the weekend (preferably on the Patriot).
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    cee - if I wasn't so into surfing, you'd have what I'd call a pretty ideal life!

Also "overweight" here but fit into 30" waist jeans no problem. BMI is a bit silly - especially for people like top level rugby players. Jason Robinson is one of the smallest at 13 stone and 5'8" (same as me) - yet at a bit under 12 stone I'm overweight - he must be in the "obese" category - what a joke! :D:D
  • glenwatt
    glenwatt Posts: 155
    Now down to 15 st, 3 years ago I tipped in at 21st.

So heading the right way.
    Glen

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.
  • clarkson
    clarkson Posts: 1,641
    69.7 kilos. or about 150lbs. put on half a stone, muscle, since last being weighed at the dr's.
    I said hit the brakes not the tree!!

2006 Specialized Enduro Expert
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3192886/

2008 Custom Merlin Malt 4
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/2962222/

2008 GT Avalanche Expert
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3453980/
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    Around 10st. Light enough to get up the hills easy enough, but not too lightweight when it comes to chucking the bike down!
  • Surf Matt - I'd agree with you about BMI! I currently weigh 8 1/2stone, and have a BMI of 24.5 - just below the magic 25. If I put on just one pound I have a BMI of 25.08 which puts me in the overweight category.

I admit I'm not a skinny minny, but I do wear clothes in a size 8, so I can't be that big! Ideally I should weigh about 7 1/2 stone, but no matter how hard I try I can't get below 8st 2!
  • 15stone n :D
  • Neil.b
    Neil.b Posts: 35
    12.5 stone X 6ft tall, not to skinny, not to fat 8)
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,882
    12.10 as an average down from 15.

Due to riding more & running (though stopped as I hurt my knee a couple of weeks ago).

Height of 5.11 so overweight yet feeling great!
  • 89kg (around 14 stone), i want to lose a tiny bit (the last of my beer belly) but am tall enough for that to be a reasonable weight (6'3")
  • Currently 15.4 at 6.1

Been as much as 21 and low as 12.08 :!:

Just call me odd..... lol
  • Stoo61
    Stoo61 Posts: 1,394
    I am around 14-15 stone, when I worked real hard on getting in shape I got to 13 stone 10 but yeah I dont think I look heavy.
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    11 stone 11 at 6 ft dead.
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    And how much do you weigh alive?
  • Pete-C
    Pete-C Posts: 353
    I think im about 10 st and 6'3" tall. No matter how hard i try to put on weight it just doesnt happen - the amount of crap that i eat should make me at least 15 st. Some people would love to be able to eat all day and not be affected like me but i hate it.
    "Its all fun and games till someone gets hurt, then its hilarious"
    Pitch Comp
  • Stoo61
    Stoo61 Posts: 1,394
  • Mastineo
    Mastineo Posts: 182
    95Kg down from 144Kg in 2006. Reformed Fat B*st*rd!!!!
  • pete-c man ya fuckin noob , your lanky as fuck
    man your chattin shit
    ya bass
    i bet youve got a fukin shockwave
    NOOB
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Goodbye Denzo, go back to your cave.
  • Yey, in the majority for once - no idea if that's good or bad on this one! 13st, no idea what that is in metric. Used to be 14 and a bit, mainly noticed the loss for climbing (rock), makes it soo much easier!
  • Pete-C
    Pete-C Posts: 353
    Denzo i doubt you have even one of your 3 stated bikes. I ride a giant XTC, ok not the best bike in the world but i can still get out and have fun on it. I picture you as an overweight arsehole who sits at the computer all day wishing he had some friends but decided to take out his anger on other people instead of on his pityful life.
    "Its all fun and games till someone gets hurt, then its hilarious"
    Pitch Comp
  • NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    I was 11 Stone. I have now gone down to 10 1/2 Stone :D
  • Close to 11 stone and 6'2", not sure what BMI that is?
    *Rock Lobster Team Tig SL (22lb 14oz)
    *C. Late 1950's Fixed Gear
    *1940 Raleigh Dawn Tourist with rod brakes
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Body Mass Index. Generally a load of garbage.
  • previously when i was riding (98-2000) I went down to 11.5stone and didn't realise how good I looked until those clothes stopped fitting and I put weight on. After hurting my back and not being able to do 15-20 miles a day I put it on in droves. Now just about 18st although 15 months ago hit 19st13 & was determined not to hit 20. hopefully with a new bike on the way i'll lose a couple of stone and anymore is a bonus.
    Start Weight 18st 13lbs March 2009
    17st 10lbs August 2009
    17st 4lbs October 2009
    15st 12lbs December 2010

Final planned weight 12st 7lbs
  • Well I weighed about 11.5 stone an hour ago but I've just ate my own weight in Turkey, veg and stuffing- I think I'll give the scales a miss for a while!

Time for a nap me thinks... :lol:
    08 Pitch Pro
    14 Kona Unit
    Kona Kula SS
    Trailstar SS
    94 Univega Alpina 5.3
  • rb1956
    rb1956 Posts: 134
    I'm 175cm tall and mass 72kg, giving me a BMI of 23.5. I'm aiming at 70kg but I'm not too sweaty as long as I stay in the low 70s.
    Surf-Matt wrote:
    BMI is a bit silly - especially for people like top level rugby players. Jason Robinson is one of the smallest at 13 stone and 5'8" (same as me) - yet at a bit under 12 stone I'm overweight - he must be in the "obese" category - what a joke! :D:D
    Uh huh... And are you a top-level international athlete in hard training? Such people are exceptional, and not very relevant to the rest of us. I might as well point out that the average BMI of the riders in the 1997 Tour de France was 21.47, making me a fat bastard!

BMI isn't "silly". It has well-known limitations, and should not be employed as a final indicator of obesity, but it has the advantage of being quick and simple to calculate without much in the way of equipment. BMI was invented for the purpose of classifying sedentary people, so very athletic, muscular people may indeed be misdiagnosed by simplistic application of the index. However, if your BMI is over 25, it would be prudent to have a chat with your doctor and arrange to have a body-fat assessment. That way, you'll find out if you're another Jason Robinson, or just swimming in that big river in Egypt.
  • 7 stone and i am 14 years old, woohoo i am the new lacondeguy :D
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    I am 5ft 8ins and weigh 84Kg OR 13stone+. But am well built, not fat. According to the B.M.I. INDEX need to lose a bit of weight, (but from where). :?
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura