The White Rose Classic

2»

Comments

• bobh
    bobh Posts: 163
    "trumpets" please not "trumpet" BC Yorkshire is about being a team of volunteers and not about any one individual.
  • nickwill
    nickwill Posts: 2,735
    Its going to be great to have a new event in the Dales. If it starts from Hawes, it opens up the possibility of some new terrain and different hills.
    There is room for both the Classic and the Challenge. Between them they will cover some of the best terrain in the country.
    Contrary to some of the suggestions made here and elsewhere, I haven't come across any negativity on the forums towards the 'Challenge' from the 'Classic' organisers.
    On a personal leve, I wish both sets of organisers well.. Without them there would be no sportives to ride.
  • bobh
    bobh Posts: 163
    Cheers Nick

Entirely agree with your comments, trying to score points only leads to losers. We are trying to move on with this. Much has been said on forums and in emails that has been misleading and at times downright abusive. We've resisted any temptation to enter into that and would ask instead that people just view two events. Whose event is the original is hardly the point, the routes and HQ's will be different, the name might confuse but for whatever motive was involved in that we are stuck with it.
  • I'm in - looking forward to it.

I think...