Mail order recommendations?

2»

Comments

• markos1963
    markos1963 Posts: 3,724
    Wiggle, ordered on sunday night using free postage option, arrived tuesday morning can't ask any more than that. ChainReaction are very good as well.
  • Thanks again for the recommendations. Decided to go with Wiggle initially as I have read good reviews about their exclusive DHB Merton bibtights. Ordered a pair on Sun 12th Oct and they arrived on Tues 14th Oct. I opted for free delivery so wasnt expecting them until the end of the week - most impressed. The tights seem good quality as well, athough I have only worn them once so far.
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    Wiggle & Chain Reaction.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • Have ordered from Wiggle, fast no problems. Also only had good experiences with J E James, their prices are among the best and delivery fast. Emails replied to same day too.
  • Have had no problems with Wiggle or Merlin. Evans is ok-ish, but sometimes takes their time shipping things. Wiggle, Merlin and SJS have shipped everything the same day I ordered it. SJS is interesting - have had a couple of orders arrive not quite fully complete, but they more than make up for it in customer service, very proactive. I ordered a Thorn Audax frameset that was supposed to have the headset installed, but wasn't. The next morning they shipped out a headset and a headset cup press at their expense, which is ok for me, as I've now got a cool new tool, and experience in using it.
  • I've used Wiggle and Probike, both have (generally) good prices and prompt delivery.
    Haven't had to send anything back so I don't know if it's painful or painless.
  • Mister W
    Mister W Posts: 791
    Wiggle, Parker International and Chain Reaction are excellent. Shiny Bikes gave me good customer service when I accidentally ordered the wrong mech and High On Bikes are pretty good.
  • proto
    proto Posts: 1,483
    Anyone using www.dotbike.com ?

General comments/opinions?
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    dotbikes are very good, next day shipping. They are on my "preferred" list: Wiggle, CRC, Dotbikes, UKBikestore, I order wherever is cheapest.