Where is everyone from

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    peanut wrote:
    willhub wrote:
    currently in Manchesta though where it rains all the time, I dare not go out cause no where to wash my bike round here:(

thats the most feeble excuse not to ride that I've ever heard lol :D

I think I'll use it myself next time it rains :wink:

No, I want to ride in the rain!, it does not bother me, what bothers me is having to clean my bike when there is no facility, literally cleaning it in the roadside with yobs walking by.
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    Originally from Abertridwr in principality but currently in Dunstable.
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Originally from Scarborough North Yorkshire - currently as stated otherwise known as Swindon
  • peanut
    peanut Posts: 1,373
    willhub wrote:
    [

No, I want to ride in the rain!, it does not bother me, what bothers me is having to clean my bike when there is no facility, literally cleaning it in the roadside with yobs walking by.

Do you live on the street ? :wink:

Who wears the strides at your place anyway?

stick it in the kitchen to clean it and then put it in the warm sitting room or bedroom like the rest of us lol
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    A few miles south of Bedford.
  • Anonymous
    peanut wrote:
    willhub wrote:
    [

Do you live on the street ? :wink:

Who wears the strides at your place anyway?

stick it in the kitchen to clean it and then put it in the warm sitting room or bedroom like the rest of us lol

Clean it in a kitchen???? Thats abit odd :?:
  • peanut
    peanut Posts: 1,373
    willhub wrote:

Clean it in a kitchen???? Thats abit odd :?:

cleaning it in the bathroom is odd :shock: Kitchen is perfectly normal lol :lol:

Have we not got a googlemap so that we can all show where we are geograpgically ? if not perhaps we should start one :wink:
  • Ottawa, Ontario Canada
  • Bath England
  • From -Christchurch, New Zealand.
    Living - Dublin, Ireland
  • SunWuKong
    SunWuKong Posts: 364
    Originally Lima, Peru. Now in Leeds, Yorkshire via a long spell in Lincoln.
  • damage36
    damage36 Posts: 282
    Somerset Levels (which fortunately aren't that big, and provide a nice flat warm up/down before going somewhere more interesting.
    Legs, lungs and lycra.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • I am from Sydney Australia, but I've been living in Tenerife for the past 3 years (no where near Las Americas though).

Why do I like this forum?
    ...members seem to have not lost their common sense...
  • Look left. :wink:
    Is it raining yet?
  • Doom
    Doom Posts: 133
    Born: Harare, Zimbabwe

Currently in London, UK

Next week I'll be in Johannesburg, South Africa

Week after that I will arrive in Sydney, Australia (hopefully at the same time as my bikes) where I will remain for 4yrs on contract. Might have to try out Alex's suggestion of a beer on the harbour 8)
    FCN: 4
  • gavbarron
    gavbarron Posts: 824
    unclemalc wrote:
    I live in a place where you can find everything that makes you question your decision to be on a bike:
    (drivers, buses, s--t cycle ways, holes, bent drain covers, s--t roads, too many cars in a small space, thieves, drivers who don't know the width of their car, pedestrian-lemmings, more cars, w--k---s shouting abuse etc etc....);
    a place that most certainly lacks girls in lycra shorts or girls cycling to work (at all, let alone in heels... :shock: )...

Its called Wolverhampton.

Sod it - I'm going riding anyway.

Sounds remarkably like Southampton! Where I am most of the time with the odd weekend home in North Norfolk (a place that makes Holland look hilly!)
  • nille
    nille Posts: 5
    sweden:)
  • Thanks folks, its over twelve mths post op.. But frustrated the VMO is so slow to recover.

Have now started some serious rehab. Bulgarian Squats and Pistols are really tough.[/code]
    I used to play Hockey but now I ride.... one day like the wind :)
  • liversedge
    liversedge Posts: 1,003
    Surrey Hills.

Wash bike in garden, Service bike in kitchen, Store bike in Study.

Don't watch whining aussie cricket cause I can watch England play rugby.
    --
    Obsessed is just a word elephants use to describe the dedicated. http://markliversedge.blogspot.com
  • ColinJ
    ColinJ Posts: 2,218
    Hebden Bridge, West Yorkshire

hebden_bridge_hills.jpg

There are no remotely flat rides round here unless you like busy A-roads. I don't, but fortunately I love the hills... :lol:
  • originally from the hills of Greenock,Scotland.
    Now residing in the sunny town of Morecambe.(bring me sunshine) :lol:
  • Anonymous
    ColinJ wrote:

hebden_bridge_hills.jpg

There are no remotely flat rides round here unless you like busy A-roads. I don't, but fortunately I love the hills... :lol:

That looks really good around there, I love hilly rides just my legs don't at the moment:(
  • bobpzero
    bobpzero Posts: 1,431
    northern ireland - county antrim
    the emerald isle
  • ColinJ
    ColinJ Posts: 2,218
    willhub wrote:
    ColinJ wrote:

[picture]

That looks really good around there, I love hilly rides just my legs don't at the moment:(
    Come over when you get your climbing legs back and I'll take you on a tour. There's a direct train to Hebden Bridge from York if you don't fancy driving.
  • doyler78
    doyler78 Posts: 1,951
    Why don't people put their location in their profile. Wouldn't need this then :wink:
    As for me
    <
  • Darlington, England
    Not lost, just exploring...
  • phelim1
    phelim1 Posts: 53
    originally the home of the All Ireland Champions Tyrone,
    but residing near the republic of south armagh. or better known as newry which is between the north & south of ireland
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,467
    From Edinburgh, Scotland, currently living in Helsinki, Finland.
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    The former democratic replublic of Exeter :lol:
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • LeighB
    LeighB Posts: 326
    Kendal, Cumbria, UK.
    Only ever lived here, in fact I live 100 yards up from the place I was born.