Spinning Bike for winter

ma123
ma123 Posts: 87
edited September 2008 in Training, fitness and health
Hi im after a spinning bike for the winter months as the wife is now 33 weeks into pregnancy I will have less time to go out, I would like to keep a good level of fitness up to start racing in the summer, Ive come across this one which seems fairly cheap does any one have one or one of the same make, any good?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001 ... hisProduct

Any tips on training for my first season racing on closed circuits are welcome.

Comments

• BeaconRuth
    BeaconRuth Posts: 2,086
    Why not a turbo trainer? Smaller, possibly cheaper and you can ride in the same position as you use on the road. :D

Ruth
  • ma123
    ma123 Posts: 87
    Thanks for the reply Ruth, that would be the ideal option but the wife wants to use it to help her loose weight after the birth so the Spinning bike is alot more adjustable than my 58cm road bike.

Congrats on winning the National 100 mile TT back in July ive recently joined Beacon myself and watched the closed circuit racing at Tudor Grange on the 25th Aug and fancied having ago next season.
  • BeaconRuth
    BeaconRuth Posts: 2,086
    ma123 wrote:
    Thanks for the reply Ruth, that would be the ideal option but the wife wants to use it to help her loose weight after the birth so the Spinning bike is alot more adjustable than my 58cm road bike.
    Ah, you've a good point there............... how about buying your wife a nice road bike then? :wink:
    Congrats on winning the National 100 mile TT back in July ive recently joined Beacon myself and watched the closed circuit racing at Tudor Grange on the 25th Aug and fancied having ago next season.
    Thanks Max, great to have you onboard at the Beacon. My social season starts soon so maybe I'll be able to meet you on a clubrun before too long. :D

Ruth