Tyre Wesr on Turbo Trainers / Spare Rear Wheel??

steadyuk
steadyuk Posts: 295
edited September 2008 in Training, fitness and health
First time post here. New convert to the road cause having come from MTB. Can anyone advise me if turbo trainers wear out tyres any quicker than normal road use. I've just got some Schwalbe Ultremo's and do about 50-75miles a week on a Tacx Swing trainer and am wondering whether to use these tyres or buy a spare rear wheel and cassette and wear out some older road tyres. Would this cause issues with using the same chain on different cassetes? Any advice appreciated. Ta.

Comments

• Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    They do - there are even dedicated tyres for use on turbos - if you have a spare rear wheel then it would save your best tyres for the road. Should be no probs if your cassettes on both wheels are similarly worn.
  • Have a look at the continental indoor trainer tyre. I have one that I use for my Fluid2 and not only is it harder wearing but it also cuts down some of the noise.

Gats
  • liversedge
    liversedge Posts: 1,003
    +1 for conti "orange" turbo tyre. its a bitch to get on and off so a spare wheel is highly recommended.
    --
    Obsessed is just a word elephants use to describe the dedicated. http://markliversedge.blogspot.com