How do you wash your bike?

2»

Comments

• doog442
    doog442 Posts: 370
    MIsterGoof wrote:
    seems a daft :oops: ? to ask but,

what detergent goes into create soapy water?

washing up liquid ? Car clear? Muc off? all of the above? none of the above?

ta

a previous thread mentioned ' Daisy' sold at Tesco for 65p for 1.5 litres and 2 capfulls disolves into 5 litres ... a few people use this

Ive gone down the Daisy line and use it daily on my bike / commuter..does the job brilliantly although someone will now tell me it will disolve the frame within 18 months :roll:
  • unclemalc wrote:
    Description: The lubricant, penetrator and water displacer. Containing Teflon, this spray can be used in all conditions and contains no CFC's. Aerosol, Penetrating, !

Sounds like its invented by my old boss ..... water of a ducks back
  • :lol:
    Spring!
    Singlespeeds in town rule.
  • If you have access to the internet and some gumption, why don't you look at product descriptions? If I wash the car in car shampoo and it lasts years I can generally work out that it will work for the bike!
  • syncronicty; good explaination of how the surfactants works in general and if that was all that was in washing up liquid there would be no problem uisng it to clean dirt and grease from your bike. However, washing up liquid also contains salt, which is used to thicken these surfactants. Cheap washing up liquid has far less active ingredients and far more salt to compensate.