Biker's nodules

nun
nun Posts: 434
edited September 2008 in Training, fitness and health
After a summer of riding 3 times a week, a few centuries and a 2 weeks of touring I've developed a tender bottom, bursitis to be exact and cyclist nodules in the area between my scrotum and bum. The doctor gave me some anti-inflammation pills for the bursitis and told me not to ride for a while. He said the nodules weren't anything to worry about and we'd wait to see if they went down before thinking of injections or minor surgery.

What I'd like to know is if anyone has had "biker's nodules" and what happened, did they go away on their own when you stopped riding?

Comments

• It sounds like a perineal cyst. In which case bad luck.

It will go away if you stop riding, but will soon pop up to say hello again when you restart. The only solution is minor surgery to remove it. Or buy a recumbent :twisted:

I had 2 removed in late 2006 and I was off the bike for 8 weeks, partly due to a post operation infection (very common with this procedure). For the first 2 weeks of this even sitting down was painful.
  • :shock: :shock:
    Along with every other reader of this thread, I am now afraid to go there just in case...
    :shock: :shock:
    Spring!
    Singlespeeds in town rule.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Indeed you are more likely to leave a hospital with an infection than go in with one, so check carefully before booking an op. You can have different types of cysts. Some respond to antibiotics, some to heat treatment, you don't always have to have surgery.
  • nun
    nun Posts: 434
    Kléber wrote:
    Indeed you are more likely to leave a hospital with an infection than go in with one, so check carefully before booking an op. You can have different types of cysts. Some respond to antibiotics, some to heat treatment, you don't always have to have surgery.

It's not at the surgery stage yet. There's no pain or hotness so the doctor just said
    don't ride the bike and take some warm baths and see if they go down. Well a couple of 15 min soaks in a hot bath and the nodule is definitely smaller and softer.
    Now I'll look at adjusting my saddle or getting another one.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    14 years that’s some revival.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,671
    Another bot trawling on key words. Tech eh?
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,617
    I read the username as gonads foam. So it's marketing really.