Whats the sexiest looking bike

Comments

• Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    Sheeps - always liked those bikes a lot.

Bit of a sucker for most high end Spesh kit though.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    i like spesh too, very good bikes for very reasonable money, the enduro is a strange bike, it is a 6 inch machine but pedals like a smaller bike, also, it makes me very brave as it is a very good skill compensator (maybe i should have done some learning on a hardtail)
  • Sexiest bike? I think it would have to be a Santa Cruz Nomad for me.
    Winter: Moda Nocturne
    Road: Cervelo R3
    'Cross: Ridley X-Night
    Commuter: Genesis Day One
  • Surf-Matt
    i like spesh too, very good bikes for very reasonable money, the enduro is a strange bike, it is a 6 inch machine but pedals like a smaller bike, also, it makes me very brave as it is a very good skill compensator (maybe i should have done some learning on a hardtail)

I could probably do with a bit of that - I'm the gayest gay in the village with anything "scary" following some nasty crashes in the past. Can climb, can pedal flat out, but show me a big drop or wet root strewn downhill and I'm an absolute Terry. Still enjoy it but a crash and injuries would just ruin too much (baby in 3 weeks so I'm solely in charge of the company for at least 3 months :shock: ).

Must try an Enduro one day though.
  • Anonymous
    well matt, if there is ever a forum ride you can have a lend of mine.

i too am a giant coward when it comes to anything technical, even with the added bravery from having a solid bike. probably doesnt help that i didnt ride a bike as a child and had to learn a few yrs ago at the age of 26!!
  • Iain C
    Iain C Posts: 464
    It's not the best bike in the world but I do love the look of my Fuel, nice and understated and makes me have a little look back before I close the shed door on it!

However another vote here for the Mojo SL, just gorgeous, and also the Blur LT in biege. Duster in singlespeed is also very, very cool.
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    (maybe i should have done some learning on a hardtail)

! ! ! :shock:
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • Anonymous
    BlackSpur wrote:
    (maybe i should have done some learning on a hardtail)

! ! ! :shock:

glad you noticed, of course i was being cheeky 8)
  • Any good?

ktm.jpg

Components on the Score Prestige are all top of the line, with the first element of high technology being the carbon fibre monocoque frame, and the heart of the cycle. Next, the integrated rear shock is an air spring DT Swiss SSD Carbon with a 100 mm of travel and hydraulic damping. The shock can be locked-out if the rider desires, and it has a carbon fibre air chamber. The front forks are also made by DT Swiss (XRC-100 RL) and have 100mm of travel and can also be locked out. The rear derailleur, front derailleur, chain, crankset and pedals are all Shimano XTR, with the front and rear brakes and brake levers being the very capable Shimano XTR Disc hydraulic type.

For the front and rear hubs on the KTM Score Prestige, KTM chose Mavic Crossmax SLR Disc and Mavic Crossmax SLR also supplies the spokes and rims for the bike. The head set, stem and seatpost are Ritchey WCS carbon and the handlebars are 100% carbon fibre (Ritchey WCS CF Flat type). The tires are Schwalbe Furious Fred 2.0 with a dimension of 26" x 2.0. Finally for the seat, KTM chose the Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbon Flow. All of this combines to create a very capable mountain bike that allows the rider to experience the highest technology of performance cycling.
  • I cannot get used to a KTM without an engine, but they have certainly outdone themselves with the "Score". What an entry into the MTB world.. whoa!

Last year I came across these bikes by HEAD on an MTB site.
    Head is a brand I am more familiar with from my ice hockey days way back when.
    Anyway this looked the mutz, internal gearbox, enough rear suspension to accomodate Jade Goodie's torso, "upside down" front fork design and twin discs up front
    The square frame tubing had me tensing my gonads in anticipation of ever meeting the crossbar on one of these..

Tell me this isn't sexy!

dscf4089gq8.jpg
  • Anonymous
    i like those double front discs
  • Iain C
    Iain C Posts: 464
    Ewwwww. Hate it! Looks like something off Scrapheap Challenge! Could you possibly ever, ever need double front discs?
  • Anonymous
    I don't think that Head beast looks sexy, it just looks, well, evil, in the best possible way.

As for double discs? sure I can think of a few places you'd need them :twisted:

Actually, in all honesty, I still think MTB disc brakes are woefully inadequate when needed most - when pushed really really hard.
  • toasty
    toasty Posts: 2,598
    Surf-Matt wrote:
    I could probably do with a bit of that - I'm the gayest gay in the village with anything "scary" following some nasty crashes in the past. Can climb, can pedal flat out, but show me a big drop or wet root strewn downhill and I'm an absolute.

If anything you sound the ideal person for that sort of bike then. I'll go out on my hardtail, size things up and chicken out. Go back a few days later on my Meta and ride down like there's nothing there. Just being a bit more laid back (geometry wise) makes fearsome things seem not quite so fearsome.

2534941358_c9338a0d3f.jpg

I do like the look of Metas, part of me things I've got parent-like rose tinted goggles. Thin tubes, skinny swingarm, it's still grrrr though!

845442.jpg

Lapierre Zesty 914? Maybe it's only because it's Meta-esque. I think I've gone a bit random and Euro recently, bought a B1 frame as well. My B1 is an ugly brute though, I'll happily admit that.
  • Chaka Ping
    Chaka Ping Posts: 1,451
    I'll happily admit I've never heard of KTM before.

Looks VERY European, not really my cup of tea but I can appreciate that the frame is quite elegant.
  • Surf-Matt
    Chaka Ping wrote:

Looks VERY European, not really my cup of tea but I can appreciate that the frame is quite elegant.

A big big name in motorbikes but also recently released a bonkers Radical-esque track type car. Hadn't realised they did bikes though!

So not many of you into purist bikes then?
    I prefer clean lines and simple frames myself.
  • Chaka Ping wrote:

Looks VERY European, .

the perfect compliment!!

KTM make great motorbikes - I have a 950SM - best bike I ever had. They dont do good fuel injection though...... carbs is king
  • Anonymous
    there is alot to be said for the look of a hadtail i spose, i just find it hard to differentiate between the same old 9 pipes bonded together in whatever way.

i find full sus much more interesting to look at.
  • Chaka Ping
    Chaka Ping Posts: 1,451
    I think it's harder to make a full-susser that looks good, so maybe that's why people are concentrating on them?

I probably prefer the elegant functionality of a hardtail myself, and I can't think of any I like better than my own Cove HJ...

mpbpic2430354.jpg

I just love the ovalised downtube (in steel), the sexy matt military green paint and the proportions of it.

DeKerf frames are very sexy too though, especially this one...

dekerf-implant-ti.jpg
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    The KTM looks nice but the HEAD or what ever it's called it's like a body builder. Ugly, sorry. :?
    For me the sexiest bike is the Scott Genius MC-10 2008. It will look even nicer with some white rims and fork.
    2820904393_f7481579ae.jpg
  • Surf-Matt
    Actually rather like my own bike (suprise suprise!)

Black semi matt frame, black everything else (cranket, rims, spokes, pedals, brake levers, bars, saddle, seat post, etc) just makes it looks a bit "stealth" while the tubeset is not far off a work of art.

For an ex Materials Engineer, stuff like that is important!
  • Anonymous
    Surf-Matt wrote:
    Actually rather like my own bike (suprise suprise!)

Black semi matt frame, black everything else (cranket, rims, spokes, pedals, brake levers, bars, saddle, seat post, etc) just makes it looks a bit "stealth" while the tubeset is not far off a work of art.

For an ex Materials Engineer, stuff like that is important!
    What's a cranket, Matt, is that like a little baby cranklette? :lol:
  • Surf-Matt
    Nope - it's a baby Crankie:

8FA52A6E-028D-DCE1-1803D6F335BB4A91.jpg
  • Anonymous
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    I actually spat tea over my laptop! doh!
  • I like full susser's but sometimes the looks just don't do it for me.

Think I'll stick with my hardtail fascination.
  • I have to admit considerable fondness for the storck rebel carbon.. looks like a carbon fiber Klein.. which in my book is most excellent!
    storck2006_10_l.jpg

Ouch!
  • clarkson
    clarkson Posts: 1,641

it also pedals really well and even though it is a 6 inch bike, i think it would be ok for long days out, although i havent had the chance to find out yet!!

will keep progress posted.
    yep, they are good for all day rides. use mine for that quite a lot even though it is slightly heavy. i have to day though, i prefer my enduro to the new SL.
    I said hit the brakes not the tree!!

2006 Specialized Enduro Expert
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3192886/

2008 Custom Merlin Malt 4
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/2962222/

2008 GT Avalanche Expert
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3453980/
  • clarkson
    clarkson Posts: 1,641
    I cannot get used to a KTM without an engine, but they have certainly outdone themselves with the "Score". What an entry into the MTB world.. whoa!

Last year I came across these bikes by HEAD on an MTB site.
    Head is a brand I am more familiar with from my ice hockey days way back when.
    Anyway this looked the mutz, internal gearbox, enough rear suspension to accomodate Jade Goodie's torso, "upside down" front fork design and twin discs up front
    The square frame tubing had me tensing my gonads in anticipation of ever meeting the crossbar on one of these..

Tell me this isn't sexy!

dscf4089gq8.jpg

does it also have twin rear shocks? they're in a bit of a poor place though really. right in the firing line from the crap off the back wheel!!
    I said hit the brakes not the tree!!

2006 Specialized Enduro Expert
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3192886/

2008 Custom Merlin Malt 4
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/2962222/

2008 GT Avalanche Expert
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3453980/
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Bet it weighs as much as Jade Goody too.
  • 26495.jpg

Industrial Sexy !!!!!
    Dont make me get my flying monkeys

adu118.gif