Whats the sexiest looking bike

zeroseven
zeroseven Posts: 347
edited August 2010 in MTB general
you've ever seen?

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    there's a triangle missing from that isnt there?

i think the mojo is the loveliest looking bike ever
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I think it's all there! Pretty radical machine for 10 years ago!
  • Anonymous
    well, im never gonna say a gt looks nice but...........................

(i like the force and the idrive 5 and the new carbon DH bike too)
  • supersonic
    Yeah, that new force and fury, wow. Pity the new Zaskar was painted by Blunkett.
  • Anonymous
    or his dog
  • David Lund
    David Lund Posts: 602
    As sheepsteeth said... Its got to be the most amazing bike iv ever seen

GTFury.jpg

I saw it in the latest MBUK and fell in love :oops: :D
  • off-one
    off-one Posts: 155
    This.

2750295688_24465c29e6_m.jpg
  • Never managed to see bikes/cars etc as sexy. Do like it when people hate the styling of anything I own though!
  • supersonic
    This one is quite nice:

13112007015.jpg
  • P-Jay
    P-Jay Posts: 1,478
    I've always thought Demo 8's looked the nuts. Somthing about that double swing arm thing.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Any bike with Vicky P aboard :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • teacherman
    teacherman Posts: 454
    Ibis Mojo SL - sex on wheels. I know a couple of people who've ridden 'em who aren't keen but they do look niiiiiiice :D

http://www.ibiscycles.com/mountain/mojosl/

Give it up with the GT's sonic - no-one will agree - unless pickle's on here :wink:
    I hate it when people say David Beckham's stupid...its not like anyone ever says: 'Stephen Hawking - he's s**t at football.' Paul Calf
  • Jimbob_no5
    Jimbob_no5 Posts: 1,568
    nicolai bikes look the dogs :D
    Pinkbike

I believe in only 2 things in life.
    1) Drink is not my friend
    2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • have to second the ibis mojo sl!
  • Cunobelin
    Cunobelin Posts: 11,792
    VeloKraft!

vk2.jpg
    <b><i>He that buys land buys many stones.
    He that buys flesh buys many bones.
    He that buys eggs buys many shells,
    But he that buys good beer buys nothing else.</b></i>
    (Unattributed Trad.)
  • Anonymous
    I have to second either the Lobo, or that new carbon DH (which I'd never sheen before)
  • Anonymous
    of course, theres always the enduro sl, good looking but dont expect the fork to last for more than 2 rides out :cry:
  • zero303
    zero303 Posts: 1,162
    Yeti 575 - the only bike I'd be tempted to cheat on my bike with...
  • Chaka Ping
    Chaka Ping Posts: 1,451
    of course, theres always the enduro sl, good looking but dont expect the fork to last for more than 2 rides out :cry:

Sexy but high maintenance, eh?

I assume you've had trouble with yours already? Tell us all about it, it might help.

Zero - I agree, the old 575 (which I own) wasn't all that - but the new one is deeply sexual. It's like when they made plain Jane the superbrain over in Neighbours.
  • grumsta
    grumsta Posts: 994
    Mine.
  • Anonymous
    Chaka Ping wrote:

Sexy but high maintenance, eh?

I assume you've had trouble with yours already? Tell us all about it, it might help.

yup, 2 rides in and the air cartridge has decided to slowly let any air leak into the outer leg which will blow the top dust cap/bush off the fork, very annoying, luckily this happened when i wasnt riding.

the bike is second hand and on another forum i was advised that i didnt have a (fork :roll: ) leg to stand on. however, after a fone call to specialized uk, i was told that spesh wont give me the 5 yr warranty but are happy to give second hand owners a 2 yr warranty from date of original purchase, mine is only 6 months old so i get the fork serviced and repared for the price of one way postage, pretty good i reckon seeing as they said t should be back before the weekend.

its annoying to say the least but i spose these thngs happen, and atleast spesh are standing by their customers, even second hand ones :lol:
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    Simple, clean hardtails for me.

Like this one:

oli_olympic_1_big.jpg

Can't find any decent Merlin/Litespeed ti HT pics but love those too.

Little things like the crankset make a big difference visually. XTR is very sexy as is any Race Face carbon.
  • Surf-Matt
    Simple, clean hardtails for me.

Like this one:

eurobike07_scott5_hi.jpg

Can't find any decent Merlin/Litespeed ti HT pics but love those too.

Little things like the crankset make a big difference visually. XTR is very sexy as is any Race Face carbon.
  • Chaka Ping
    Chaka Ping Posts: 1,451
    its annoying to say the least but i spose these thngs happen, and atleast spesh are standing by their customers, even second hand ones :lol:

Yeah, it's good to hear they're not hanging you out to dry.

What did you think of the Spesh fork and shock before it went pop?
  • Anonymous
    well, i only had 2 rides so cant give a proper judgement but i absolutely loved it.

i love the shape of the bike, the cockpit is quite short which makes the bike really easy to manouvre around even with the saddle in a good peddling position.

as for the suspension, it is the best i have ridden (apart form the breakdown obviously) all of the adjustments work and do what they should. the compression adjust on the fork is really effective and does a good job of reducing dive even during hard breaking. i havent had any bother with small bump sensitivity (apparently its poor with the fork) but thats probably because i am so heavy.

it also pedals really well and even though it is a 6 inch bike, i think it would be ok for long days out, although i havent had the chance to find out yet!!

will keep progress posted.
  • toasty
    toasty Posts: 2,598
    I have heard good things about their warranties, especially the old frames they used to give a lifetime warranty to. Admittedly the replacements don't come with lifetime warranties but it's reassuring.

My old 2001 Enduro had a lifetime warranty to the best of my knowledge, sadly I couldn't break it so I had to admit defeat and sell it.

Oh and I had the exact same thing happen to a set of RS Revelations a year or so ago, a seal blew internally, while being used for light XC. Must say I've heard of it happening a lot on the new Enduro forks though :?
  • Anonymous
    it is a huge problem from what i can gather but fair play to spesh, they have done a bang up job of dealing with warranty claims.

i was always a fan and will deffo buy again.
  • Surf-Matt
    Sheeps - methinks your bikes have to work rather hard to earn their keep though!
  • Anonymous
    you might be right, i dont think bikes like to be thumped along by unskilled 19 odd stone blokes.

that said, the fork is rated for weights heavier than even me so once fixed up and serviced, i should be back in action, i cant wait, it really is the business.