Spesh E150 Fork. Min & max lines on Stanchions

2»

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    we could all do with having a support group.

how have everyones forks been holding out? mine has been in for a repair and had both cartridges upgraded to 08 versions and the bike has been faultless since.

v nice looking sdk
  • SDK2007
    SDK2007 Posts: 782
    Having riden for approx 80 hours on my bike both the fork and shock have both been fine.

The only problem I have is the thu-axle seems to be cross threaded because I can't remove it :(
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    SDK2007 wrote:
    Having riden for approx 80 hours on my bike both the fork and shock have both been fine.

The only problem I have is the thu-axle seems to be cross threaded because I can't remove it :(
    Obvious i know but have you loosened the clamp bolts on the bottom of the fork legs?If you have then:-
    I had a similar problem,water gets in there and is sticks,keep working it free(it will come out)spray WD40 and leave 10 mins, remove and clean both axle and inner hub and regrease(slightly).I regrease every few weeks at this time of year.
    Does anyone have slight play in the front wheel,mine seems to have had it from new?!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    my front has no noticeable play but it does rumble a bit :?
  • SDK2007
    SDK2007 Posts: 782
    After many evenings of trying to pry the thru-axle out I’ve finally managed to release it. I tried WD40 and it didn’t work so I got a hammer and narrow chisel and gentry whacked it out :)

Now all I need to do is change the rear wheel because the hub seems to be crunching. Lucky I can use the wheel from my other Specialized bike.
    Not too great that the DT Swiss hub only lasted 9 months though, especially considering I haven’t used any hose or pressure washer on it :(
  • sniper68
    Bearings have gone.Phoned the LBS £14.99 a pair :shock: Phoned Spesh who informed they're just standard 6805 bearings.Bought 2 from a bearing shop £1.70 each 8) Thats more like it :lol:
  • Chilled Sanswich - I have an 07 Enduro Comp in size Large, the weight does seem to be over the front wheel and it is almost impossible to lift the front end while riding, would Specialized change the Stanchions to XL for nothing or would I have to pay?
    I've got to take it back to the Specialized Concept Store to have the internals changed [again!] anyway.
    I guess they will probably try to talk me out of swapping the Stanchions but I couldn't agree more with you; the attitude adjuster doesn't make a huge difference and the front end is a struggle to manual on the trail. I thought of swapping the stem to a 60cm in the hope that this may improve things?
    Thanks for the post, finding info on these forks has been difficult so your comments were like water in the desert! I thought I might be imagining the shortfalls of the Fork.
  • dodd4721
    Just got my Enduro back with longer stanchions, cost me £147 including a new bottom clamp because I had apparently rounded off the bolts, (must have stared at them too long while wondering about the Min Max lines) :roll:
    Also there was no oil in the legs which I am surprised by as I had never noticed any leaks or weeping. Recently read how some forks had left factory without oil installed.

Definitely makes life easier doing manuals, due to more weight on back end now. Spent this summer riding local trails & jumping over logs etc, (recently diagnosed with tennis elbow, fork related or bad technique?). Noticing how guys younger & lighter than me throw 40lb plus Dh rigs around, I'll happily go with the latter & accept defeat :lol:
  • Tennis Elbow? me too! both elbows, strangely, now I come to think of it since I first had the Enduro...
  • sniper68
    dodd4721 wrote:
    Chilled Sanswich - I have an 07 Enduro Comp in size Large, the weight does seem to be over the front wheel and it is almost impossible to lift the front end while riding, would Specialized change the Stanchions to XL for nothing or would I have to pay?
    I have an 08 small and on anything but total flat i have to drop the travel or the front end is too light.There's absolutely no way i can climb steep stuff without the front end wound fully down 8)
  • took my bike to the Specialized Concept Store in Birmingham, although I didn't originally purchase the bike from them they have swapped out the internals for new 08's and fitted XL Stanchions for £100 total. The service is fantastic and they couldn't be more helpful in particluar, chief mechanic Alex who has been brilliant throughout. :D
  • sniper68
    Has anyone removed/replaced the front wheel bearings?I've removed the spacers but cannot seem to get the bearings out :roll: LBS quotes £25 fitted.Bearings have just cost me £5,not paying £20 to have them fitted :shock:
  • subjude101
    subjude101 Posts: 20
    Did anyone figure out how to remove bearings from front hub?
  • sniper68
    Yes i took advice from he Specialized Concept store in Chester."Carefully Knock them out with a screwdriver"(from the inside-out)was the mechanics advice,i did it worked and the new bearings are still going strong 6 months on 8)
    I remove the caps,clean and re-grease every month or so :D
  • subjude101
    subjude101 Posts: 20
    Thanks for that. Bearings have been ordered & will replace them this week. I hope this will cure the play on the front wheel.
  • sniper68
    When you remove the bearings and spacer,check the spacer still has 'O'rings on it.If water has got in they might have perished.Any local bearing dealer will have them.City Seal&Bearings gave me them for free 8)