Neutrition, training and weight loss advice

Thunder Road
Thunder Road Posts: 2
I know there is a lot of information out there but I always here differeny things and being a cyclist myself I figured on here I might get some advice that suits me well so here are a few questions.

I am 26 years of age and have been riding bikes on and off for years. During an off period I put on a few pounds I could have done without but in the last year or two I have been cycling quite a bit again but not eating healthy so while I have been getting fitter on the bike I am not shedding the pounds.

I am 6'1 and 215 lbs (15 1/2 stone). It's not over-weight but I do carry a fair bit of body fat and would ideally like to get down to about 182lbs (13 stone). That is about 2 1/2 stone in 2-3 months.

I cycle anything from 50-200 miles in a week depending on time and weather but I am constantly eating the wrong types of food.

Just wondering if anyone would have any advice or a good plan to go about shedding the fat and getting down to 182 lbs by say the beginning of November.

Thanks people!!

Comments

• bryan71
    bryan71 Posts: 89
    I am in the same boat.I have lost 38lbs in 12 weeks and i still need to loose another 28lb.The way i need it was to cut out beer and wine as i was drinking a bottle every night.I now eat a well balanced diet.Not so much red meat more chicken,fish fresh tuna and plenty of veg.I go to the gym every day and go out on my bike 3 times a week.I do go to the gym a bit to much.I use a heart rate monitor to train and make sure you drink plenty of water.It's easy really a good low fat diet and pleny of exercise.
  • I cycle anything from 50-200 miles in a week depending on time and weather but I am constantly eating the wrong types of food.

Just wondering if anyone would have any advice or a good plan to go about shedding the fat and getting down to 182 lbs by say the beginning of November.
    You've answered your own question.
  • NJK
    NJK Posts: 194
    No need to get to technical with a diet either just eat a wholefood diet for best health and fitness results. Boring i know but it works!