Pete Read's Black Book

humbug1
humbug1 Posts: 3
edited October 2008 in Training, fitness and health
Anyone got a copy they can lend/sell me or know where I can get one?

Comments

• phil s
    phil s Posts: 1,128
    Yours for a tenner if you PM me
    -- Dirk Hofman Motorhomes --
  • SunWuKong
    SunWuKong Posts: 364
    What is this book?
  • stevewj
    stevewj Posts: 227
    A month by month training manual based on five heart rate training zones - very good for time trials.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I have one in the garage - is it worth ebaying ?
  • stevewj
    yes - thats where I got mine from.
  • FOLLOWING TRAINING PLAN IS HARD. I MANAGED IT FOR ABOUT 3 MONTHS BEFORE LAPSING TO LESS HOURS/DAYS. IT'LL DO A JOB IF YOU RECOVER FASTER THAN ME BETWEEN SESSIONS. IT'S BLUNT, IT'S ALL IN CAPS, BUT WORTH A READ.
  • I've PM'ed Cougie to see if he still has his copy up in the loft, but should anyone else have one going spare please give me a shout.

Thanks in advance

Steve
  • I need one too. Can anyone get me a copy. I am obviously willing to pay (Cheque/cash) and I'll pick up if you are in the Birmingham area.
  • stevewj
    aughwan - whereabouts in B'rum are you as I may be going over to Sutton coldfield later in the week - I can flog you mine for a tenner as that seems to be the going rate.
  • mclarent
    mclarent Posts: 784
    Sorry to be a Newb, but can someone put a link to this book up?
    "And the Lord said unto Cain, 'where is Abel thy brother?' And he said, 'I know not: I dropped him on the climb up to the motorway bridge'."
    - eccolafilosofiadelpedale
  • KAR
    KAR Posts: 24
    Does anyone have an old/spare copy of the Black Book I could buy please?
  • BeaconRuth
    BeaconRuth Posts: 2,086
    mclarent wrote:
    Sorry to be a Newb, but can someone put a link to this book up?
    I don't think you'll find it on the internet except perhaps on Ebay. It's a manual that Pete Read produced himself so it wouldn't be available on Amazon or in ordinary bookshops.

I got my copy secondhand somewhere along the line but I'm afraid I don't think I want to part with it. Soz!

Ruth