acheing legs and tiredness

andy610
andy610 Posts: 602
my legs just dont seem to recover now could it be the end of the road i hope not, im 47 and been cycling for 2 years now, ive done many rides in the 2 years at first it was hard work and i even had to walk on a 15mile ride once, at the beginning, since that though ive only had to walk a few hills on the 96 mile ride. the longest i have done is 96 miles which was a bad experience that was aug 07 since then ive done many rides of 32 50 60 and 70 mls and 2 sportives this year 6th july 63 mls and 3aug 48mls and a 70 mile ride a week before the 48 mls sportive, but this weekend i did a 28mls ride which ive done before using 1st 2rings of my triple, but this time i also had to use the small ring as well early on, i seem to feel my legs ache more and are giving up as if im getting unfit, i did higher my seat before the ride but cant see this as the problem as i have felt like this since the 48 mile sportive

Comments

• scapaslow
    scapaslow Posts: 305
    I'm sure its not the end of the road. Perhaps you have picked up a virus? Are you taking adequate time to recover after your rides. I think the older you get recovery can take a little longer. I usually take 2 days off the bike after 60+ milers and i'm 3 years younger. Overtraining can cause a marked deterioration in performance.

Maybe take it easy for a few weeks and see if things improve. If they don't it might be worth seeing your GP and getting some blood tests.

Hope things pick up for you soon. You've put a lot of work in to get to where you are now.