ARE YOU HAVING TROUBLE LOGGING IN?

2»

Comments

• AlanW
    AlanW Posts: 291
    Right....its good news, I am now on here using FireFox at last :lol: .

If anyone else is having problems and you are using version 3.0.5 try the following as it has just (kiss of death I know) worked for me -

At the top of FireFox screen, into "Tools"

Then "Options"

Then "Privacy"

Then go to the "Show Cookies" check box on the right-hand side.

This opens up all of the cookies currently stored

Scroll down until you see a BikeRader folder

Click to highlight this folder

Click the "Remove Cookies" tab in the bottom left-hand corner

Repeat for any other cookies that you wish to delete.

PS
    I should also like to thank Chris for his help and assistance via e-mail, service above and behold the call of duty. :wink:
    "You only need two tools: WD40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape"
  • oliverb
    oliverb Posts: 67
    I had the problem with IE7 worked OK with Firefox. Opened IE7 as admin and it worked.
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    oliverb wrote:
    I had the problem with IE7 worked OK with Firefox. Opened IE7 as admin and it worked.
    If opening IE7 as admin worked (IE a different user profile) then it shows that you just need to clear the cookies.
  • oliverb
    Where are cookies stored on Vista I don't want to delete them all?
  • oliverb
    Just re-booted without deleting cookies and I can log in OK now.
  • peanut
    peanut Posts: 1,373
    this site is a nightmare. Am I the only member tonight that has had problems?
    I have CW CC YACF and Retrobike on the same firefox tabbed bar and none of those site have ever given me a single problem ever!

It has taken me 17 minutes to get to this page tonight. 3 minutes to load a single page !. Rebooted the pc rebooted the wireless router cleared cookies cleared net files the usual crap.

I even had to login in several times between pages ??

it has now been plaguing me for over 4 months.

Its about time this site was sorted out properly once and for all.
  • doyler78
    doyler78 Posts: 1,951
    Used to get this the past. Interstingly during all your probs with the site not loading I didn't have any probs with corrupt cookies. Thing is now I have already had to delete my cookies twice in the last week.

What's the deal?

Using Firefox myself.
  • If you're experiencing recent problems with cookies. Please check the time, date, timezone and choice of summer time (or not) are correct.

If any of the above are incorrectly set by more then 5 or 10 minutes, you may problems staying logged in.

The correct world times in major cities are: (click on a city to get timezone information)
    http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Ta
  • doyler78
    doyler78 Posts: 1,951
    If you're experiencing recent problems with cookies. Please check the time, date, timezone and choice of summer time (or not) are correct.

If any of the above are incorrectly set by more then 5 or 10 minutes, you may problems staying logged in.

The correct world times in major cities are: (click on a city to get timezone information)
    http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Ta

That could be the problem as I hadn't manually adjusted my profile to account for the start of BST for about a week after it started as I noticed the times of posts were coming up wrong. I don't think I have had any probs since I made the change. Still I will probaby get caught out again when the clocks go back again. Pity something so simple can cause cookie corruptions.
  • test030
    test030 Posts: 1
    ... and so like so many others I was forced to create a new alias because, of course, there's no email address for people with problems.

I cleared the cookies but can't log in. I tried to re-register but I get the 'illegal addres or duplicate' error messsage for the email address. I tried requesting a new password but the 'request a new password' screen doesn't do anything when 'submit' is clicked.

Any advice?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    All our contact details are on the About us page.

Feel free to email me: matt @ bikeradar . com and i will sort your problem out.
  • peanut
    peanut Posts: 1,373
    M.Cole wrote:
    All our contact details are on the About us page.

Feel free to email me: matt @ bikeradar . com and i will sort your problem out.

yes but the point the guy was trying to make is there isn't a single email address anywhere on the home page ,about us or anywhere else on this site is there ?unless you are logged in

If you are having difficulties logging in then you won't be able to email anyone for help will you.

Its been like this for years its high time someone put an email address on the login /registration page for anyone having loggin /registration difficulties to save people having to re-register every time they need help with a password or something. :roll:
  • Anonymous
    All the email addresses related to the BikeRadar team are accessible via the About Us page. You don't need to be logged in.

Phone number is accessible too.
  • b4b
    b4b Posts: 1
    Stuart Anderson

Hello, Stuart.

We have enjoyed using Bike Radar to host our mapping of a cycling event in KC called "Bike 4 the Brain." We have participants access your useful site via our website www.bike4thebrain.org I tried to log on with my username and password but remained locked out. I re-registered in order to contact you. My email address is ksonnenschein@kcpsych.com Can you help me so that we can modify the maps with updated information. This year's ride is on September 7 so we need to work this out ASAP. Thank you for the service you provide to Bike 4 the Brain and the entire cycling community.

One of the maps is: http://www.bikeradar.com/routes/?bpath= ... in-2007-62

Sincerely,
    Ken Sonnenschein, M.D.
    Bike 4 the Brain Coordinator
  • Anonymous
    Hi

Can you please delete my account I find I don't use the forums but do read the reviews etc.

I need to be more productive instead of posting all the time.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

James.