ARE YOU HAVING TROUBLE LOGGING IN?

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
Delete your cookies then try again.

Comments

• Yahoobedoo
    Yahoobedoo Posts: 109
    Using IE7 in Vista, deleted all cookies and still no joy.

However, If I right-click on the IE icon and choose 'Run as administrator' then log in through that window everything's OK.

Go back to running IE7 normally as a user and no luck again.

Much weirdness :?
  • Having probs today.. deleted cookies .. IE7 lets me in.. Firefox doesn't... odd!
  • ris
    ris Posts: 392
    if you haven't already then try the firefox cookies console (tools/options/privacy), as i think firefox keeps them in a different place to ie.
  • I actually went to the trouble of creating a new email address so I could create a new account, still wouldn't let me sign in but the cookies thing worked! Cheers.
    "The problem was, I was still using my eyes even though I had them shut"

Demoted to commuting duty

Orange Crush!
  • Anonymous
    Nice one Nick. I've been missing that comedy avatar.
  • We have made some tweaks in our forum software which we believe will help solve the problems that some users are having in logging into the site.

I would be grateful if you could try logging in again and let me know (via this thread or PM) if you are successful.

Stuart
  • dsmiff
    dsmiff Posts: 741
    Just got home, it works!!!

Dave
    http://www.youtube.com/dnsmiff
  • Glad it works for you now, please accept my apologies that it happened in the first place.

Stuart
  • I am a new member and can't seem to get into the road forum?

I can open the last post but cant see any older posts?

Thanks
  • Anonymous
    Can you take a screen grab and mail it to me please?
  • Couldn't log in atall. Not being recognised even with a new password yet my old ID is still showing as a member :x

My old ID is redvee

Can somebody have a look into this for me. Done the cookies thing etc. Had to create this new ID to try and sort the problem.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    were you getting any sort of error message?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    nicklouse wrote:
    were you getting any sort of error message?

when I tried loggin in this morning I was getting a message saying my username and/or password wasn't recognised. When I tried tonight I was on the main page log-in and had the problem of the 'remember me' check box appearing in the password box which caused probs with the password. No it seems the problems are sorted I hope.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • nicklouse
    the site has been odd for me this evening with article not found messages etc..

just Odd.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • Big Red S
    Big Red S Posts: 26,890
    Hm, I had oddities at work today, but apart from my router crashing every three minutes, no issues on the forum this evening.

I think the oddities at work were self-inflicted, too.
  • micken
    micken Posts: 275
    Same for me as redvee and nicklouse
  • nicklouse
    should be better now.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Seems to be better now.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • nicklouse
    redvee wrote:
    Seems to be better now.
    the Hamster has been fed.
    :wink:
  • nicklouse
    I hope then there will be no more chewed wires :wink:
  • I find I can't log in from home where I use an iMac running OS 10.4. Well, to be precise, I've tried a few browsers and I can log-in using Camino but Safari definitely doesn't work.

Not an enormous pain now that I've found I can log-in using a different browser but might be worth investigating to save other people the hassle (of assuming they've forgotten their passwords :lol: ).

Cheers
    Never be tempted to race against a Barclays Cycle Hire bike. If you do, there are only two outcomes. Of these, by far the better is that you now have the scalp of a Boris Bike.
  • Haven't been able to log in at all with Firefox, so registered a new user name. Still couldn't log in with Firefox, but using IE it works. Don't have any problems on any other sites with Firefox.
  • nicklouse
    what version of FF? using FF3.0.3 here and no probs.
  • 3.0.3!
  • Still can't login with Firefox, so have all but given up on this forum
  • nicklouse
    it must be issues at your end, i have never had any issues with logging in in FF.
    currently using FF 3.0.4.
  • Anonymous
    This is getting really annoying, cannot log in using FireFox, had to set up a third account now, just so that I can post in here. :x

So where do I go to delete the FireFox cookies then?

But how come I use many other different forums with FireFox and do NOT have a problems at all, why the hell is that then????

Then once its sorted, can all but one of my three accounts be deleted please?
  • Anonymous
    moultoneer wrote:
    Still can't login with Firefox, so have all but given up on this forum

you and me both, its a bloody pain in the arse everytime. :x :x :x :x
  • AlanW
    AlanW Posts: 291
    Hmmmmm....thats interesting, just tried to log in via IES with my first account details and it worked straight away.

So it is a FireFox related issue then?

Any help or is it a case that I can only log in using IES not FireFox?

Which takes us back to my other question, why is this forum different from everyone elses?

Alan W
    "You only need two tools: WD40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape"