Shaving

Millidog
Millidog Posts: 32
edited August 2008 in Road beginners
To shave or not to shave - That is the question ( Legs I Mean !! )

Comments

• ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    yes, it's tradition.

and they feel better.
  • And you feel faster... :lol:
    jedster wrote:
    Just off to contemplate my own mortality and inevitable descent into decrepedness.
    FCN 3 or 4 on road depending on clothing
    FCN 8 off road because I'm too old to go racing around.
  • "You had better effing not" was what my girlfriend said, so I dont :lol: .
  • "You had better effing not" was what my girlfriend said, so I dont :lol: .

:shock: Ah......listening to the girlfriend again......you've been told about that before, haven't you :!:

Shave!!! I say and hang the consequences. Once you've done it you'll not look back :wink:
    'How can an opinion be bullsh1t?' High Fidelity
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    I don't get it. Why do Male cyclists shave? I can understand a professional or competitive cyclists shaving - actually I can't.. I'm not sure why they would or even need to as a full compliment of leg hair can't weigh that much or overly affect aerodynamics - but I absolutely cannot fathom why the average Sunday enthusiast needs to shave.

What is the purpose of shaving if your a cyclists?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • The_0ne
    The_0ne Posts: 35
    Easier to clean a wound should you have an accident
  • I think its the "not being able to look back" and the "hanging of his consequences" that Stewie is worried about :wink:
  • Shave , Shave, Shave!

It is a fully documented fact that you will knock at least 2 mins of your best time for the 10 !!!
    weight.png
  • MEN.... REAL MEN (non professional) should NOT shave their legs. Surly lycra tights do the trick ??
    1892 Posts: 1,690
    There ways a piece on BBC breakfast about men wearing women's tights, last week they were on about men wearing make up, next week it will probably men shaving their legs.
    My legs are hairy and they're staying that way. :lol:
    Might get my back done though. :lol:
    Justice for the 96
  • i dint need to shave my legas as luckily i'm graced with hardly any hair on my legs as it is natarually. not a single hair on my thighs my mothers got more hair on her thighs :shock:
    she'll love me for putting that luckily shes not into biking tee hee
    felix's bike

pedal like you stole something!!!
  • Felix,

You been out on that bike yet, or just spent the evening grooming your leg foliage :wink:
    weight.png
  • JesseD
    JesseD Posts: 1,961
    Try having a sports massage on your legs when they are hairy, I did this last year and it bl00dy killed :cry:
    Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!
  • Sun Dodger
    Sun Dodger Posts: 393
    MEN.... REAL MEN (non professional) should NOT shave their legs. Surly lycra tights do the trick ??

Tights - In this weather....?

No question about it - shaving is the only way to go. Only question is how high do you go :D
  • ride_whenever
    do the whole lot... up to the nape of your neck...
  • Littigator
    Littigator Posts: 1,262
    SHAVED! In fact even more mental try using a depilator, plucks every hair mechanically but at least you don't get bristle every two days.

Reason - easier to clean road rash and less likely to get infected, also massage as mentioned above

As for wearing tights instead, sorry was that really suggested as a more manly option?

Anyway, we all gave up manly credentials when we put lycra on and bobbed around on bikes in public with our arses waving about
    Roadie FCN: 3

Fixed FCN: 6
  • Littigator
    Littigator Posts: 1,262
    SHAVED! In fact even more mental try using a depilator, plucks every hair mechanically but at least you don't get bristle every two days.

Reason - easier to clean road rash and less likely to get infected, also massage as mentioned above

As for wearing tights instead, sorry was that really suggested as a more manly option?

Anyway, we all gave up manly credentials when we put lycra on and bobbed around on bikes in public with our arses waving about
    Roadie FCN: 3

Fixed FCN: 6
  • Ideal for this wether... bloomin freezing and wet where I am.

Whilst the massage point is valid, i do not think it is worth the decline in my s3x life to shave. Women like men to be men... lesbians shave there leggs (well the ones in the films i have do :wink: )
  • Robin Hood wore tights......
  • Sun Dodger
    Sun Dodger Posts: 393
    Robin Hood wore tights......

Yes. Green ones.

Not a good look.
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,712
    Whilst the massage point is valid, i do not think it is worth the decline in my s3x life to shave. Women like men to be men... lesbians shave there leggs (well the ones in the films i have do :wink: )
    Actually, my girlfriend prefers me shaved. You're a cyclist, you've probably got some pretty decent muscles hidden under that fur. The ladies love the muscles.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    So really apart from vanity there is no real valid - improve your life/cycling skills - reason to shave your legs if you're a roadie.

*Accept of course, everyone else does it*
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • I will never shave my legs
  • Millidog
    Millidog Posts: 32
    Cheers for all the advice, things are not conclusive so think I`ll shave one leg to try it out,
    so if you see a me going round in circles in the middle of the peak district please do not try to help me its all for a good cause !!!
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    i will never blow goats

but i always shave my legs :D
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • ride_whenever
    on the contrary, i find most women prefer shaved men...
    Millidog wrote:
    Cheers for all the advice, things are not conclusive so think I`ll shave one leg to try it out,
    so if you see a me going round in circles in the middle of the peak district please do not try to help me its all for a good cause !!!

Why don't you shave the front and leave the back hairy ?
    Justice for the 96
    Alot of women I know keep telling me to shave my legs, but being a bloke I think I'll leave it to the ladies and enjoy looking at their legs. (Research purposes, honest)
    Justice for the 96
  • Geiger
    Geiger Posts: 30
    It would seem more sense to wax because then you don't get bristles.

I won't bother until I'm good enough for it to make a difference.