13»

Comments

• jonesey10
    jonesey10 Posts: 239
    davelakers wrote:
    davelakers wrote:
    7118.gif

UP THE WHITES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Season ticket has arrived. Bring on another season of disappointment and heartache with yet another play-off final defeat...................

Davelakers, love to see PNE in the Prem. I know my Spurs history, our tribute to you being founder Members of the league, the first league winners and of course (as we should all know), the first team to do the double and do it undefeated. We wear Lilywhite in your honour.

Jonesey10, Looks like AJ will be on his way then. I have a Fulham mate who says that its not unusual for Fayed to renegotiate at the 11th hour due to old injuries. £6m up front I understand (the rumour mill) , doesnt give Moyes much to play with.

Indeed we were Stewie. I was discussing this matter of Spurs kit/nickname the other day with some friends. A mark of respect indeed!!

I notice the ars* attempted to grab the limelight a few years back when they finished the season unbeaten.

Been there, seen it, done it!!!

Dave lakers, You saw the unbeaten season?????????

Stewie,
    Do you think Berbatov will stay, I heard you may be in for David Villa, I'd be delighted in losing DB and gaining DV.

AJ is definately gone, should be finanlised today. Joao Montinho looks a likely new signing but in a typical Everton transfer negotiation we offer 10 M Euro when they have a buy out clause of 20 M Euro. go figure.
  • Davelakers has the unbeaten season in his Sky+ box :wink: Villa at £30m :shock: Am hoping thats just newspaper talk, or its Euros and not Pounds of the Queens Realm. Berbatov is going, I suppose. I hope we accept £5m less from Milan than ManUre offer us.

Am more disappointed by Robbie going but all of a sudden he is dead to me now :lol: . Took me a few mins to cut him out of the pic of he and Deadly holding the Carling Cup on my wall at work. I then dropped the cuttings into the recycling bin in the office happy in the knowledge that very soon Im going to wipe my bottom with him once he has been recycled. Bitter? Me? :evil:

I hear that the Toffees are after Alan Smith from the Toon and Jimmy Bullard? That will pee my Fulham colleague off. Apparently we are after Dean Ashton and/or Diego Forlan too.

Tis the season to be silly, tra la la la la la la la la.
  • davelakers
    davelakers Posts: 762
    Obviously I havent seen it, but you knew what I meant!!!!! :oops: :oops:
  • Tonymufc
    Tonymufc Posts: 1,016
    squired wrote:
    I lost interest a while ago. I'll still check out the odd game on tv if I have nothing else planned, but it really doesn't get me going. Sadly sports like cricket are being badly affected due to potential inflows of money too. It seems that any sport in the world takes a turn for the worse when it sells out for its share of the pie and all the competitors become obsessed by earning as much as possible, even if it is more than they could ever spend in a lifetime.

Maybe someone should of mentioned that to the big wigs at BC. Sky came knocking and by the looks of it BC gladly bent over and said yes please we'll take your money Mr Murdoch. Step aside Premiership cos British Cycling is coming through!! :?
  • Just to add my bit.

Personally can't wait for the new season, especially as being a non-Premier team (remember us) it's this Saturday, albeit away at Swindon, ooh the glamour.

I've glanced through all the posts above about football not being what it used to be and there is too much media attention, footballers being overpaid brats etc etc.

Personally I don't give a monkeys tinkle for any of that. As long as my team survives and they're still there on a Saturday that, frankly, is enough. Don't get me wrong, cup runs and promotions I can handle but the match, a few pints and a laugh are what it's about.

I for one will be like the proverbial 2 membered canine at 5 to 3 on Saturday though I'll probably be serious gutted at quarter to 5. C'est la vie.

Oh and as I haven't mentioned who I support, it's Tranmere, you know, just down the road from where Chris Boardman lives (c'mon you must of heard of him).
    :D
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    i knew that! :D
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • gkf9
    gkf9 Posts: 176
    davelakers wrote:
    7118.gif

Season ticket has arrived. Bring on another season of disappointment and heartache with yet another play-off final defeat...................

Im A Burnley fan...i think we are the ones who are always disppointed...at least you get a buzz getting to the play offs!!

Our seasons always ends about xmas time.....bought some decent players this season so
    see how we fare.

Come on you Clarets!!!
  • davelakers
    You wrote that quite well for having having 6 fingers on each hand!!!

In all seriousness, I think Burnley will do very well this season. Coyle seems to be a very good young manager and has attracted some decent players. Eagles could be the difference for you I think.

As long as we take our usual 3 points from you at Turf Moor I'll be happy!!

all together now......."Chim Chimmeny Chim chim Cheroo. we hate those................in claret and blue" :P :P :P
  • gkf9
    gkf9 Posts: 176
    davelakers wrote:
    You wrote that quite well for having having 6 fingers on each hand!!!

In all seriousness, I think Burnley will do very well this season. Coyle seems to be a very good young manager and has attracted some decent players. Eagles could be the difference for you I think.

As long as we take our usual 3 points from you at Turf Moor I'll be happy!!

all together now......."Chim Chimmeny Chim chim Cheroo. we hate those................in claret and blue" :P :P :P

You might beat us more than we beat you......seeing you always win with a dodgy penalty!! But the Deepdale duck will never take Bertie the Bee!!

Must Admit we are getting used to you trounceing us now and i hope we can turn things around. I love the games Preston, Blackpool, etc loads of talking points!!!

All together now....'same old Preston.'...'always cheating'.....

Ps ive 8 fingers and 2 thumbs....but 6 toes!!
  • iainment
    iainment Posts: 992
    Starting to get really nervous now, a sign that footy still has a place in my heart. Partner away this weekend so 2 days of Olympics, Charlton and home made dal. Bliss.
    C'mon Charlton stuff those Swans!!!!!!!
    Old hippies don't die, they just lie low until the laughter stops and their time comes round again.
    Joseph Gallivan
  • ris
    ris Posts: 392
    davelakers wrote:
    7118.gif

best of luck for the season davelakers, as long as you don't mind handing over 3 points at portman road tomorrow. :lol:

i'd be happy if ipswich could make the playoffs, let alone make it to another final! our record in that particular lottery is pitiful.
  • davelakers
    best of luck for the season davelakers, as long as you don't mind handing over 3 points at portman road tomorrow. :lol:

i'd be happy if ipswich could make the playoffs, let alone make it to another final! our record in that particular lottery is pitiful.

Happy days!!!
  • ris
    ris Posts: 392
    congrats to the lilywhites, you guys sounded organised and took your chances.

last year we relied on our home record, if that goes like our away one then we've got some problems! got burnley next week, hopefully that we can start our season better there.
  • Weymouth won today so I am happy. Hopefully will be the first of many three point hauls in the BSP this season.

Still not overly excited by the Premiership though :(
  • Another week to go before we start. Just spanked Roma in our last warm up, 5 0. Friendlies only mean nothing when you lose :wink: . Confidence must be sky high, especially Bents. Its all rosy at the Lane 8) . Bring on the Boro next week, awful record there :( .

COYS
  • wiffachip
    wiffachip Posts: 861
    to the everton/spurs fan, just like to say 'TOON ARMY'

don't worry,we're trying to send Alan Smith to help you out

did David Bentley used to be the vicar in Dick Emery - have you seen those teeth ?
  • Im really peed off, 65% of possession and Huth is our top scorer :x . Thats a good result Wiffachip well done. Sunderland at home next, with 3 ex Spurs in their side. They wont want to turn us over very much will they?
  • wiffachip
    wiffachip Posts: 861
    the mackems at work reckon they played well on saturday, just haven't got a finisher - so you may be right to be worried