TT Seat Position

bradman
bradman Posts: 22
What seat position (height and fore/aft) is recommended for short time trials? Are standard seat positions used? I understand many sit further forward than for 'normal' road riding.

Comments

• Mog Uk
    Mog Uk Posts: 964
    Personal preference/comfort..

Saddle on my TT bike is much further forward than my road bike, height is the same. It takes afair bit of trial and error to find the position that you are comfy with, especially when on the tri bars...
  • I'm afraid you have to experiment for yoiurself, there is no easy answer. That said, further forward forward for TT ing and backwards foir road riding, but it all epends on where your hands/arms are. Scientific approach is to find the most comfortable position and do a roll down test.
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    Your hip angle should be the same as on your road bike.

Imagine a picture of the bike with a cardboard picture of you pinned on top of it, with the pin though the bottom bracket.
    If you have a TT bike which is much lower and further forward at the front because you're on aerobars, then basically you'd be rotating yourself around that pin through the bottom bracket - your saddle would move up and forwards a bit.