Still Sore In The Legs 1 Week After Riding

kpkpkp
kpkpkp Posts: 10
The muscles at the top of my legs are still sore 1 week after riding - It was only a 10K ridie to work that I have done a few times latley - I weant a bit harder than normal but nothing mad. Why are they still sore - I eat well and make sure I get plenty of protein and Vit C.

Any ideas or tips - I wondered if I should have just kept riding and worked through the stiffness - they are only sore when I run up go up the stairs or streach and they feel tired as soon as I start to use them.

Many thanks

Kp

Comments

• Keep riding and after a while the body will adapt to the loads and the soreness should dissapate. But if you only ride every now and then, then you will get the soreness each time I'd suggest.

I've been back on the trainer for 2 weeks after a 14 month injury layoff and feeling a little stiff/sore myself. It's a good thing. :)
  • Gr.uB
    Gr.uB Posts: 145
    Totally agree. I've got 1400 miles into my legs so far this month ( none on a trainer ) and I played 1 hr of football in the backyard with my boys last night and today I have all sorts of niggles and twinges in muscles I don't normally use.