Bloody Physio......Which trainer?

coltrane
coltrane Posts: 74
Having been told by my physio I can only cycle for 5 - 6 mins a day to strengthen my knee and patella tendom I need to get a trainer. I know people use them in the winter but I've always been priced and good trainer.
(and a plastic knee replacement :) )

Comments

• andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    coltrane wrote:
    Having been told by my physio I can only cycle for 5 - 6 mins a day to strengthen my knee and patella tendom I need to get a trainer. I know people use them in the winter but I've always been priced and good trainer.
    (and a plastic knee replacement :) )

Sorry mate, I'm really not trying to take the p*ss, but I have no idea what you're on about !
    Care to reword it a bit ?
  • gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    he's after a turbo trainer I think - no point going out on the road for 5 - 6 minutes a day.

by the same logic I would imagine that a fairly entry level trainer would be fine. I have a cycleOps one - the top of the range Fluid2 and it is excellent - the build quality is good and they all share the same frame so I would say have a look at this one:
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetail.a ... %20Trainer
  • coltrane
    coltrane Posts: 74
    Sorry about that.........................Having been told by my physio I can only cycle for 5 - 6 mins a day to strengthen my knee and patella tendom I need to get a trainer. I know people use them in the winter but I've always used a MTB when it gets dark, cold, wet and muddy. Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced and good trainer.
    (and a plastic knee replacement Smile )
  • phil s
    phil s Posts: 1,128
    Coltrane, given that you are coming back from injury I think your top priority has to be a trainer which gives a smooth pedal stroke. There are many that make you pedal squares or which have resistance kicking in randomly. From my own experience I'd reccomend Cycleops Fluid 2 or Kurt Kinetic road machine. The Cycleops is slightly cheaper from new, and you're also more likely to find this model second hand on ebay or elsewhere.
    -- Dirk Hofman Motorhomes --