White Rose: How was it for you?

124»

Comments

• Booboocp
    Booboocp Posts: 1,156
    The T-Shirts will be changed next year and a new design sorted - I'm sure Bob or Matt will expand further on this later in the year... :D
    <b>Event Website:</b> http://www.whiteroseclassic.co.uk
  • andy_wrx wrote:
    andy_wrx wrote:
    The only thing that was disappointing was watching some ape, riding with a big group from Hambledon RC, but in black&red 'The House Designer' kit, take a bottle of water out of his back pocket, ride no-hands and empty it into his bike bottle, then fling the empty plastic bottle over the hedge.
    I was too far behind to say anything at the time, but saw him later at a feedstop and he's number 750
    Whoever you are - you're a complete pillock ! :evil: :evil: :evil:

And now the results are out - you are Paul Roberts of Hambleton RC
    http://www.derekbphotography.co.uk/photo1209784.html

Pillock.

Nice one Andy. Why not drop his club president a line.....
    http://www.hambletonrc.co.uk/?page_id=2
    This guy is bringing his club down a level.
  • The rider identified which you named and shamed is not Paul Roberts of Hambleton Road Club because Paul was not even riding this day. He was scheduled to ride but had a last minute change of plan. The Hambleton Road Club does not approve or support this behaviour and having being part of this riding group and talked to others non of us witnessed this particular event as if we had we would have mentioned it to the individual. A last minute guest rider was invited to take the place of Paul. With Hindsight this was not a good idea and will not be repeated on any future events as this has created a negative image for our club by someone who is not a member of Hambleton Road Club. I hope this sets the record straight.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    The rider identified which you named and shamed is not Paul Roberts of Hambleton Road Club because Paul was not even riding this day. He was scheduled to ride but had a last minute change of plan. The Hambleton Road Club does not approve or support this behaviour and having being part of this riding group and talked to others non of us witnessed this particular event as if we had we would have mentioned it to the individual. A last minute guest rider was invited to take the place of Paul. With Hindsight this was not a good idea and will not be repeated on any future events as this has created a negative image for our club by someone who is not a member of Hambleton Road Club. I hope this sets the record straight.

Thats a shame that a 'guest rider' has dented the rep of a club...at the end of the day its down to an individual, I'm sure there isn't a club in the whole country would approve of such behaviours....I was happy to see the bugger named and shamed, however I wouldn't at all blame a whole club....nice you have taken the time to reply and set it all straight...and TBH about 99% of any 'guest rider's' would wouldn't act in that matter either....looks like you have just been unlucky with this guy....maybe someone speaking with him will 'educate' him on having respect for our country side?....cheers anyway!