To Ride or Not to Ride???

Gazzaputt
Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
First sportive well auduax Sunday over 75 miles.

Should I do a leg stretcher Saturday? Say 20-30miles or save all my energy for Sunday.

Max I've done is 60 miler on a Sunday with a ride before on the Saturday. Was ok doing the miles as I average with commuting about 150-200 per week.

Comments

• I would go out for a very short ride with a couple of sprints. Before a big event i normally have a day off 2 day before then an easy ride the day before. You will probably feel alot better on the day if you do any easy ride on the saturday, it always helps me, but remember 1.5hrs max and nice and easy, with the couple of sprints as a lung opener
  • I dont even bother the day before a sportive, and if I do its no more than 30 minutes just to spin your legs. The last think you need in an endurance event is fatigued legs, a couple of days rest is fine as ultimate speed isnt that important.
  • BlackHelmet
    BlackHelmet Posts: 113
    For an audax I wouldn't bother. I might if I was racing tho. You could do some light stretching on Saturday if you feel stiff after all those commuting miles.
  • Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    I wouldn't, personally - Although it's an Audax and not a race, you might aswell put in a performance, and one rest day would certainly be preferential to none.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    I'm looking to do a time (4 hours) and hopefully using a GPS will stop me from stopping to map read!

Rode today and will take tomorrow off and have an easy hour Saturday.
  • chill123
    chill123 Posts: 210
    if you want to go go. just be sure to keep it very low intensity (65-70% of your max heart rate) and not to do more than an hour. oh and get plenty of sleep too!
    Cycle training Tips and Advice