Taper advice needed please!

Jungli
Jungli Posts: 201
Hello

So am doing the Dragon on the 15th June and want to make sure I am properly rested and ready etc. So what should I be doing in the last couple of weeks?

I usually ride for about 4-5 hours during the week, an hour on saturday and then a long 4-6 hour ride on sunday. I usually rest on mondays and fridays.

Also, in terms of food intake I usually eat for 10 hours worth of riding but if I reduce this during the taper should i reduce food intake accordingly or keep it the same ??

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

:D

Comments

• Jungli
    Jungli Posts: 201
    Pretty please?

:(
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    You can probably still do a fairly hard ride the weekend before and then taper from there - nice easy recovery ride Monday, maybe a shortish faster ride Tues/Weds and then just easy rides Thurs on.

I find it actually helps if I have an easy ride in the days before an event rather than not ride at all.

In terms of eating - well, eat if you are hungry, then stuff a load of pasta down your throat in Bridgend on Saturday night. :wink:
  • Eat the same, if not more carbs in the days before.

I doubt you'll need need much of a taper on your hours, if you've been consistent with your training. A day or two extra off in the week before will be plenty. Previous weekend, maybe a 3 hr ride instead of 4-6 hrs.