Stage 20 *spoiler*

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited June 2008 in Pro race
They're off and zooming towards the Gavia.

Weather isn't as nasty as yesterday.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    How's the Late Princess Diana doing? :wink:
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • iainf72
    pottssteve wrote:
    How's the Late Princess Diana doing? :wink:

Aren't you bored of this yet?
  • pottssteve
    No, I have a longer attention span than most, which means that this sort of nonesense keeps me amused for weeks on end. Sorry.....

what was the question again?
  • pottssteve
    No, I have a longer attention span than most, which means that this sort of nonesense keeps me amused for weeks on end. Sorry.....

what was the question again?
  • pottssteve
    First hour at 38.7km/h pace - approaching the Gavia...
  • andrewgturnbull
    andrewgturnbull Posts: 3,861
    Here's what I'm expecting:

-Sella attacks at the base of the Gavia
    -Di Luca attacks with 500m to go to the top of the Gavia
    -Il Falco attacks at the summit and joins him for a replay of yesterday's stage
    -Contador limits his losses and kills them all in the TT tomorrow, except Menchov.
    -Ricco attacks in the press conference!

Cheers, Andy
  • iainf72
    LPR got their top up last night and Bosisio has attacked.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    There's a Muse concert on NRK :? I wonder if sing_for_absolution is watching?
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,813
    Latest live pics from RAI:
    Perez Guapio, half a minute up on MR group
    with Tinkoff man. Rujano coming across.
    On the lower Gavia slopes.

Peloton slowly bleeding riders. Astana on front.
    Riders left: Colom, LL and Kloeden.

Conditions at finish are fine,
    but the Gavia is already looking pretty wet.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • afx237vi wrote:
    There's a Muse concert on NRK :? I wonder if sing_for_absolution is watching?

Cool. No Muse now though. Who's that band on now? I know the song but can't remember who they are.
  • afx237vi
    Groove Armada. Not really my thing. Put the friggin' Gavia on... pesky Norwegians!
  • afx237vi
    Abandoning in stage 20? After he rode so strongly yesterday? I know today is a hard stage, but that's quite strange.

Snow Patrol - most boring band in the history of music?
  • andrewgturnbull
    andrewgturnbull Posts: 3,861
    For pure production quality Eyes Open is an outstanding record. It's on my mp3 player to help me keep my heart rate down on long runs.
  • afx237vi
    Klodi was 13th overall, that's 11 valuable points. Doesn't he know how important those points could be at the end of a gruelling PTP season?

Each to his own Andy. Variety is the spice of life an' all that.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,813
    I think Dertie's in the sh*t, now.
    He must have been banking on Kloeden, to get him down off the Mortirolo
    and lead a charge up to Aprica, using that big engine.
    LL? Just hasn't had the form.
    Once Colom is broken, then it' down to his muckers in Lotto, Navi, Rabo, Leeky.......
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • pottssteve
    Eurosport latest:
    "Latest time check at the summit of the Passo Gavia: Perez Cuapio has 4'55" over the Contador-led peloton. The riders in between are chopping and changing on the descent. Baliani and Colum are now together in their chasing down of the lone leader after Baliani and Perez have dropped back. The duo are just 30" behind Perez."
    I'm new to this, but does that make any sense?
    Princess Diana was dropped in the tunnel....
  • GroupOfOne MkII
    GroupOfOne MkII Posts: 1,289
    From CN regarding Klodi's abandon
    Andreas Klöden dropped out because he is sick, Astana spokesman Philippe Maertens told Cyclingnews' Susan Westemeyer. "He has been sick for a week, but stayed in the race in order not to weaken the team. Yesterday evening it already didn't look good for today. He probably went to deep yesterday." He added, "Andreas has a respiratory infection. It is difficult to say now, but it could be a lung infection. He had a fever all night." Maertens concluded, "he was a super team-mate for Alberto Contador."
  • pb21
    pb21 Posts: 2,170
    Why are LPR chasing?
    Mañana
  • GroupOfOne MkII
    Perhaps they're thinking about the bonus seconds at the finish. Also maybe trying to keep the pace high to whittle out Iglinsky & Levi, so they can work over Bertie.
  • whoever runs cyclingfans is such an Astana fanboy. Making the Kloeden abandoning a big headline? :lol:
  • drenkrom
    drenkrom Posts: 1,062
    LPR are riding because no one else will. Astana have the "we got a guy up the road" excuse, SD don't have the strength... Diqui is helping now, but if LPR don't chase, kiss the stage (and bonus seconds) bye-bye.

Again two CSF together in a break in the mountains! How do they do that?
  • iainf72
    whoever runs cyclingfans is such an Astana fanboy. Making the Kloeden abandoning a big headline? :lol:

Christ almighty - You mention Astana and you're a fanboy these days.

Pink jerseys main helper abandons on critical stage - Why is it difficult to accept this is important news?
  • pb21
    pb21 Posts: 2,170
    edited May 2008
    drenkrom wrote:
    LPR are riding because no one else will. Astana have the "we got a guy up the road" excuse, SD don't have the strength... Diqui is helping now, but if LPR don't chase, kiss the stage (and bonus seconds) bye-bye.

Again two CSF together in a break in the mountains! How do they do that?

Makes sense, I forgot about Colom. Good play by Astana, although they may make up more time letting Astana sit on the front and loose the bonus seconds?
    Mañana
  • afx237vi
    Perhaps they're thinking about the bonus seconds at the finish. Also maybe trying to keep the pace high to whittle out Iglinsky & Levi, so they can work over Bertie.

Yeah but with Colom, Baliani and Perez Cuapio in the break, Bertie still has three team-mates waiting for him up the road :D
  • drenkrom
    The main group should catch up to Colom and the CSFs on the final climb, maybe even the descent, exactly when Contador will need him. Following wheels on the Mortirolo gives no advantage (trust me, I tried), so it could be the best play Astana could go for. Leipheimer and Iglinsky will be nowhere after the Mortirolo. Diqui look in good position, as do LPR. It should be close.

Whoi's the best descender in the favorites? The Mortirolo descent is savage.
  • drenkrom
    On French ES, Virenque is saying Contador's pedal stroke tells himhe'll be in trouble later on. Interesting...

The man would know.
  • LPR are chasing Perez etc as they realise CSF/Astana have an alliance and the three of them will be doing everything for Contador.
  • afx237vi
    Meanwhile, it looks like the British ES2 coverage will be late coming on. There are middle aged racing drivers (seriously, some of the names I recognise must be getting close to drawing their state pension) driving souped up estate cars round a track instead (where's the yawn emoticon?)
  • GroupOfOne MkII
    That the WTCC you're on about there per chance afx? 8)