• florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    Where's the button for bearnaise?
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    florerider wrote:

Over in Mumsnet :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • florerider
    arran77 wrote:
    florerider wrote:

Over in Mumsnet :wink:

Finding the button and mumsnet would be an interesting thread :lol:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    If the pink is snookered by the red, do you go for the brown?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • arran77

Yes, but judging by the results of this poll it's an acquired taste.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    Well, mayo, obviously.
  • florerider
    another thread for mumsnet I fear
  • arran77
    florerider wrote:
    another thread for mumsnet I fear

You're braver than me if you want to ask that over there :wink:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    arran77 wrote:

Judging by Goonz' post last week I thought it was really popular?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • arran77
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

:lol:

seanoconn
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

:lol:

+1
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    This isn't fair. Brown works with cheese, bacon...but you can only have red on sausages.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    brown

but I would mourn the loss of Red
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,159
    Is this Danny Baker's sausage sandwich game? I'm always amazed by the number of grown men on that who say red, I wasn't even aware it was legal for people over 12 to have ketchup on their food :shock:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Pross wrote:
    Is this Danny Baker's sausage sandwich game? I'm always amazed by the number of grown men on that who say red, I wasn't even aware it was legal for people over 12 to have ketchup on their food :shock:
    I agree with this. We go for a fry up for lunch on a Friday, a new guy started and asked for the ketchup. We refused and told him to grow up. He now goes for the brown without question.
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    I agree with this. We go for a fry up for lunch on a Friday, a new guy started and asked for the ketchup. We refused and told him to grow up. He now goes for the brown without question.

Blimey! WTF did you do to the poor fellow! :shock:
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Joelsim wrote:
    This isn't fair. Brown works with cheese, bacon...but you can only have red on sausages.
    Red on sausages? Are you mad? :mrgreen:
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pross wrote:

His missus won't be best pleased ...
  • veronese68
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pross wrote:

Unfortunately his missus has started a new job locally so now she comes for a bit of brown with the rest of us. It's not the same, we never get any peace.
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Veronese68 wrote:
    LOL. What a sheep this guy must be.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • veronese68
    Daz555 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    LOL. What a sheep this guy must be.
    There's an element of us being intolerant old gits. Another one of our colleagues isn't allowed to drink lager if he comes out drinking with us. We just refuse to order it and get him whatever we're having. He still comes drinking with us, he's just learnt to drink real ale. We consider it our duty to educate the ignorant, it's a service we provide.
  • arran77
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pross wrote:

Unfortunately his missus has started a new job locally so now she comes for a bit of brown with the rest of us. It's not the same, we never get any peace.

That sounds wrong in so many ways :wink:

seanoconn
  • veronese68
    arran77 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pross wrote:

That sounds wrong in so many ways :wink:
    Entirely intentional as I'm sure you know. With a bit more thought I'm sure I could have lowered the tone further or added more double meaning.
    Thankfully they're off this week so the brown will only be shared amongst us fellas. :shock:
  • Come on boys, we all know that the brown "makes a sand-wich, a Mand-wich".

There's no debate to be had!! Daddies all the way though!!
    Scott CR1 Pro (Build in progress!!)
    Giant Defy 3
  • veronese68
    Come on boys, we all know that the brown "makes a sand-wich, a Mand-wich".

There's no debate to be had!! Daddies all the way though!!
    You were doing well until that point. HP is the daddy of brown sauces.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    Red or brown, don't mind which.
    But mayo is the food of the devil. Pure jizz :shock:
  • Sawilson
    Sawilson Posts: 171
    We need a sub category of Brown

Bog standard HP Brown

Or

Fruity Brown

Ignoring all other wannabe brown sauce

I am a fruity man myself, the wife doesn't agree though !
    Just Kidding !

Specailized Roubaix Comp 2014
    Lapierre Zesty 2011
    Garmin 510
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,159
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Red or brown, don't mind which.
    But mayo is the food of the devil. Pure jizz :shock:

You'll never make a proper cyclist. Mayo with chips is Belgian and therefore makes you a better cyclist - FACT.
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,851
    Voted for "red" but only if Heinz.

However no-one has mentioned the East of Scotland chip shop sauce. It is a wonderful vinegary brown sauce which when added to chips in a paper bag totally outperforms anything you have in your fridge.

Typically available in East Lothian, Fife and parts of Dundee it should have regional status.

A night out on the beer is incomplete without that back of chips soaked in brown sauce :D

http://edinburghsauce.com/youtube.php