What are delivery times from some online shops?

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited June 2008 in Road beginners
Hi.

Just wondering from ordering how long you have to wait for your stuff to arrive? Thinking of ordering either from ribblecycles or Wiggle but I need the stuff by saturday and thinking of ordering thursday.

Thanks
Will

Comments

• gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    Wiggle are awesome -i've never not had it the next day if I order it in the morning.

Ribble are a mixed bag and it would be hit and miss whether you got it for the weekend or not.

if you can't order until Thursday then definitely order through wiggle - you won't get it from ribble (you might if you order it now - but not thursday - no way in my experience!)
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Wiggle tends to be next day, Ribble a bit longer.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Wiggle were the best, now they are using City-link things are not to hot.

www.Sigma.co.uk

www.primera-sport.co.uk

Bothe these shops are very quick and helpfull
  • Anonymous
    Hmmm ok, guess I'll go with wiggle, their prices seem to be abit more expensive though.

Also does anyone know if velcro strapping seat packs are any good?
  • redddraggon
    Don't get a clip-in saddle bag - they'll rattle like mad. Can't beat velcro.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • fizz
    fizz Posts: 483
    Wiggle have never let me down, I dont pay for the priority despatch and I usually get stuff the next day. I ordered some stuff this morning should be here by Wednesday.

I have a little toepeak seat pack that clips onto the seat rails and then velcro straps to the seat post never had a spot of bother with it, Its large enough for tools, tyres levers, puncture repair kit and a spare tube.

HTH
  • gkerr4
    i know what he means as I have had a rattly clip-in one to - but I currently have a topeak clip-in thing which is excellent and doesn't rattle at all,

I think wiggles own 'DHB' bag looks smart - about £8 i think.

you need narrow cos the last thing you want is a wide-nosed bag with velcro straps to rub into your shorts
  • Anonymous
    Oh right, well I'm thinking of getting this:

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/productde ... 0000000000

Just worried about stuff on the saddle, behind you, if they fall off you wont know :shock:

Its from ribble though, might order it tomorrow, surely will get it before saturday? Going to be that, another bottle holder and perhaps a jersey.
  • fto-si
    fto-si Posts: 402
    Wiggle are superb. Ordered an Assos jersey from Ribble on Thursday night and it arrived this morning so can't complain about that.
    If you order from Wiggle probably good idea to use Priority .
    exercise.png
  • gkerr4
    they won't fall off - the bags I mean

good luck with the delivery! - let us know how you get on.
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    Have a look at www.chainreactioncycles.com - with one exception (from many orders) goods have always arrived next day.
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • redddraggon
    My nephew is in sort of the same position as you - he ordered his first road bike today and doesn't have any kit except what I've given him and doesn't have much money to spend on kit - but one thing I've been drumming into him is to not buy the cheapest because it's the cheapest - it's likely to fall apart. Get the stuff that's going to last a bit longer than a couple of months even if it's going to cost a bit more. I bought loads of cheap cr@p when I first started , and none of it was still in use after about 6 weeks.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Anonymous
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=14318
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=14321
    What will that fit in it?

Seems abit odd the cheapedr one their looks better.
  • gkerr4
    i think that the cheaper one looks enormous - ans quite wide at the front - if it is it'l chew your shorts up!
  • Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    Roughly speaking, from fastest to slowest, I've found:

CRC
    Wiggle
    Parkers
    Ribble

At times CRC have been ridiculously fast - not complaining though ;)
  • PostieJohn
    PostieJohn Posts: 1,105
    I've done 2 threads in 'cake stop'.
    One praising Wiggle for just over 20 hours, from order to doorstep.

Then unbelieveably Prendas trumped that to something nearer 17 hours.

Completely amazing
  • Anonymous

What can you fit in it? And whats it like at the back under the saddle, dont overhang or anything does it?

You rekon that one looks ok too?
  • redddraggon
    willhub wrote:

What can you fit in it? And whats it like at the back under the saddle, dont overhang or anything does it?

You rekon that one looks ok too?

In the X-small I've got 1 tube, 2 CO2 canisters + adaptor, 3 tyre levers, multi tool thing, and I can fit my debit card and some paper money in there aswell.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • redddraggon
    Oh and there's no chafing etc.....the saddle bag is entirely under the saddle (it's an XS size)
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Anonymous
    Extra small and it can fit all that???
  • redddraggon
    willhub wrote:

I'm good at packing stuff..... :P
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • fizz
    fizz Posts: 483
    willhub wrote:

my toepeak one is about the same size as that, as Reddraggon says its abotu how you fit it in. If you take everything out of its original packaging and then fold the inner tube up smaller it will go in if you are creative enough with it.

If your worried just get the next size up, your not going to chaff your legs the saddle bags are really well designed now from how they used to be.
  • Anonymous
    I'll just by the X-Small one and learn to pack right :p
  • pneumatic
    pneumatic Posts: 1,989
    never mind speed, what about accuracy?

It's a real twig in the spokes when they send you the wrong thing. :evil:

For example, I scoured the on-line bike shops for hours trying to find a replacement touring chainset for my Super Galaxy that would be compatible with what I already have.

I was thrilled when BikePlus had just what I wanted on their site (in a choice of colours) so I ordered right away. They didn't have my chosen colour after all and then sent the wrong size. I emailed. Turns out they never had the size I was looking for in the first place. Now I have to send it back. :evil:

I was relieved when Winstanleys had just what i wanted on their site (also in a choice of colours). They sent me the wrong colour and the wrong BB fitting. I can't be bothered to complain. I'll just bodge something up.
    :roll:

Fast and Bulbous
    Peregrinations
    Eddingtons: 80 (Metric); 60 (Imperial)

• z000m
    z000m Posts: 544
    i ordered stuff of wiggle on saturday they still havent processed it yet, and it in stock
  • Rich Hcp
    Rich Hcp Posts: 1,355
    I use Edinburgh Cycle Coop

http://www.edinburghbicycle.com/comms/s ... Cardinal=1

Never let me down
    Richard

Giving it Large
  • paul_smith_srcc
    paul_smith_srcc Posts: 247
    edited April 2008
    pneumatic wrote:
    never mind speed, what about accuracy?

It's a real twig in the spokes when they send you the wrong thing. :evil:

For example, I scoured the on-line bike shops for hours trying to find a replacement touring chainset for my Super Galaxy that would be compatible with what I already have.

I was thrilled when BikePlus had just what I wanted on their site (in a choice of colours) so I ordered right away. They didn't have my chosen colour after all and then sent the wrong size. I emailed. Turns out they never had the size I was looking for in the first place. Now I have to send it back. :evil: :roll:
    Thanks for the feedback 'pneumatic', rest assured we do note what feedback we get from customers, bad as in this case, as well as the good of course, that I am pleased to say we get far more of!

A good shop should always appreciate any feedback and take notice, where possible and where they feel appropriate they should also act on it. In your case for example you mentioned in one of your emails a while ago that you had trouble finding the basket/cart, so the same day we made a more obvious 'View Cart' tool bar button to compliment the one we list on the bottom of the product pages, even though in fairness no one else had ever mentioned it to us before.

As for sending the wrong product this is always frustrating for all concerned, occasionally the specification on a manufacturers-distributors website does not match what they then supply, it is up to the retailer to spot it, often we do and correct the listed specification, occasionally we miss it, sometimes the first we know of the error is when a customer tells us. In your case what you actually wanted has been replaced, compounding the error further as we can’t get what you actually wanted, so I can fully appreciate your frustration.

While no business can ever in my opinion actually supply a fault free service, they should at least have a jolly good go at trying, especially when it comes to avoiding/correcting mistakes.

Paul_Smith
    www.bikeplus.co.uk
  • Anonymous
    This is what I'm going to order:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/ ... tled-9.jpg

Need to do it tonight/tomorrow morning, its from chain reaction cycles.

Looked on bikeplus.co.uk, might not be looking hard enough but dont you do bags? And sell online the website is abit confusing.