Am I still a beginner?

2»

Comments

• delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    chris i took a much more drastic action i went out and spent 5k on a second car well van aka my spaxi it's a pug partner combi van my mates say it looks like a taxi or a spack chariot so call it a spaxi... but it fits 2 mtbs in with out having to dismantle them.

as to the thread title am i still a beginner.
    i just got beck from whistler 3 weeks ago on our way up from vancouver the guide asks us whats your abilty i thought i been riding 18 month i'd say i would be intermediate any way on the sunday we go out on whats ment to be easy trails i fast learned that i was still a beginner hell i never even ridden single track before then or a switchback, or shore woodwork. lets just say single track over here differes to singletrack over there and switch backs so tight they seem impossable, till the guide shows you..
    a week in whistler advanced my riding so much it really is an amazing place.

18 month riding over here most weekends mainly on natural stuff and i thought i was good a week in whistler and i soon leaned i was not :( but a week later i felt much improvement. 8)