How do you stop your nose running?

2»

Comments

• squired
    squired Posts: 1,153
    Some of it may be due to your eyes producing lots of fluid to prevent them drying while you cycle (which then drains through into the nose). Thus wearing a pair of decent glasses when cycling can sometimes make a big difference, even though it won't eliminate the problem.
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,470
    If I thought that the stuff that my nose produces when I am cycling came from my eyes, I would be very worried.... :wink:
  • trw999
    trw999 Posts: 9
    It's all perfectly normal! At my advanced age I can safely say we all suffer from it when exercising and it is nothing to worry about.

I used to do cross country skiing when I was in my early 20s. That was bad and we all snorted it out when we needed to. Mostly though it is nothing more than a slightly runny nose and can be safely wiped on the snot slot of our gloves.

Snot and spit are quite normal by-products of a body pushing itself during exercise. All other bodily fluid should be disposed of in the approved manner!

Tim
    http://timwilkes.blog.co.uk/
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    One thing that does increase snot - if you don't wear eye shields/shades.....

I snot rocket - better out than in...normal process !
  • scak456
    scak456 Posts: 55
    Snort it out.
  • Spinner28
    Spinner28 Posts: 58
    Just blow your nose on your glove & then wipe it on your leg/bum. I used to ride a lot of indoor track, you can't go snot rocketing when riding a line at the track!!
    The best sheep are in N.Yorks
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:19 pm Post subject:

Just blow your nose on your glove & then wipe it on your leg/bum. I used to ride a lot of indoor track, you can't go snot rocketing when riding a line at the track!!

:shock: I understand that you cant go around expelling nasal mucus on a track but I couldnt wipe it back onto my leg/bum or anywhere even. I would rather have snotty gloves :oops: . Perhaps gloves dont dry back out as well in a velodrome as they do on the road? :? I wear glasses to keep the wind out of my eyes and them watering while on the road and that works a treat. It cant be induced by exercise alone, why doesnt it happen to me on the turbo?
  • Old Tuggo
    Old Tuggo Posts: 482
    Cut the top off old sports socks and wear as wrist bands for dabbing nose, these can be washed or scrapped if you have lots of old socks. If more than a dab is required a good blow to one side ensuring that it will not drift on to your mate. With practice this can be done without taking your hands off the bars.