Medway, Essex &Canterbury area bikers.... Mass ride?

2»

Comments

• Papa Smurf
    Papa Smurf Posts: 776
    Don't know about location, we could of course try somewhere new like surrey but if no one really knows their way around it may be worth sticking to BBH or perhaps Bedgebury..
  • impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    I'm happy with either. BBH must be nice 'n dry and Bedgebury should be dry by then.
    Also, if we do get more than, say 7, attendee's it might be more sensible going to Bedgebury rather than BBH, due to walkers, etc.... :roll:
  • deadpool2e
    deadpool2e Posts: 625
    and Bedgebury would be easy for people to drop out if they need to and also its easy for them to find if they have not been to kent before. Plus theres a cafe there so we could do 2 or 3 laps
    http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl the new XC in Kent

http://deadpool2e.pinkbike.com/channel/Afan-Vids/

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    Hmm

Lap, coffee, lap, bacon sarnie, lap, home 8) Just as long as its rideable by then. Russ mentioned he was there recently. He said it was still quite muddy and a lot of the dry bits are completely hacked up.

But then you do have a chip on your shoulder about that place, eh Russ? :wink::lol:
  • RussAlf
    RussAlf Posts: 706
    As Nick says, i decided to see how bad bedgebury was on saturday and it was very very bad still. Some places had dried up but some places had got alot worse than the time i went before. Some sections are seriously ruined, deep eroded holes the whole way across the single track and last for long sections. Id pass on Bedgebury if i was you guys, however if you insist on doign bedgebury why dont you do a lap of bedgebury and then combine it with a lap of bewl water.

I guess i do have a chip on my shoulder about it but for a mtb centre you can find much much better riding elsewhere.
  • RussAlf
    RussAlf Posts: 706
    I dont know when im working in july which is why i havnt shown much intrest, if im off id happily put together a good loop around surrey.

Think i sound grumpy, ive just woken up from nights so i proberly am. The girlfriend says im like a grumpy old man when im on nights.
  • andyturner28
    andyturner28 Posts: 1,225
    Im up for this, my vote is for Surry too as Russ and Nick have been harping on about it for ages and i want to see what all the fuss is about :) Failing that the BBH-Cobbham/Shorne route could be good. I drive around that area on a regular basis and it looks like there could be a lot of trails round there. People seem to have mixed feelings about Bedgbrury lately, most people saying it has been trashed, but i know someone who rides there who said it was fantastic, even when it was a swamp! I get the feeling that he is a bit of a massasacist though!

Andy.