Need some cycling kit.

13»

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I just found a hole in my tyre so turns out I need a new tyre now, can anyone recommend a good tyre for around £10? each

These any good?

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/productde ... ONTTYRR425
  • acorn_user
    acorn_user Posts: 1,137
    That's a really good price on that helmet. IIRC, it's cheaper than our team deal on it! You could still perhaps save a wee bit. The pump you pointed out has a good reputation, but there are cheaper models that should be ok too. Why don't you go to your LBS and see what they can do for you?

Also, most crashes seem to occur at low speed, through silly reasons. I would suggest you wear a helmet for almost every ride.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    acorn_user wrote:
    That's a really good price on that helmet. IIRC, it's cheaper than our team deal on it! You could still perhaps save a wee bit. The pump you pointed out has a good reputation, but there are cheaper models that should be ok too. Why don't you go to your LBS and see what they can do for you?

Also, most crashes seem to occur at low speed, through silly reasons. I would suggest you wear a helmet for almost every ride.

I thought that bike shops are more expensive than not online?

When I crashed at a junction as a car turned left without indicating I was doing about 15-16mph.
  • acorn_user
    acorn_user Posts: 1,137
    Sometimes online retailers don't carry the really cheap stuff. Or maybe the LBS will have something they are trying to clear out. In any case, building a relationship is a good idea if you are a commuter since they can help you out if you need a quick repair (which happens from time to time). Expert advise is also helpful. By the time you've paid shipping, the LBS can be cheaper. Won't always be though.