Which HRM would you recommend for a newbie?

richard36
richard36 Posts: 346
Hi

I'm trying to get out each week and do several 20+ bike rides (hopefully the length of the ride will increase over time)

Whilst reading various posts on this forum I've been made aware of how important/helpful it will be to have a HRM. Up until today I knew nothing about them. I've just read some internet sites and some posts on this forum and think it would be a good idea to get one. The question is which one? One post suggested a Polar CS100. Is this considered to be a good one? Would it be a bit overkill for someone like me.

What advice you give?

Many thanks

Richard

Comments

• McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    Get a basic one first like the Polar F11 first and then see if you will actually integrate it fully into your training regime. If it just becomes another digital watch then you won't be out of pocket. If you get into it then try the Polar RS800G3 with GPS 8)

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    Richard36 wrote:
    One post suggested a Polar CS100. Is this considered to be a good one? Would it be a bit overkill for someone like me.

I'll be selling my cs100 next week [bought a garmin 705]. used it about 3/4 times so as new!
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • mr-ed
    mr-ed Posts: 130
    The CS100 is fine its not too expensive and you get everything you need on it to start with.