www.cyclogs.co.uk

homercles
homercles Posts: 499
edited November 2015 in Training, fitness and health
Hi All

The Cyclogs site seems to have finally surrendered after a long and protracted death. Can anyone confirm if it's permanent or just a temporary hosting problem (I know they've had these before)?

Also, any suggestions of other sites that are good for logging rides? I've tried Everyday Cycling but fell out with it after it lost a load of my ride data. Bikejournal.com just looks a bit full on. Any others?

Cheers

Comments

• bombdogs
    bombdogs Posts: 107
    try mapmyride.com
    works brilliant for me. there is even a tool that quickly plots your route for you - plus you get a profile at the end. reviewed the site on my website, here is the link:

http://www.bikenut.merseyblogs.co.uk/20 ... _comp.html
  • homercles
    homercles Posts: 499
    I didn't realise that you could use mapmyride.com for log stuff generally as well - nice one, looks to fit the bill perfectly.
  • nickwill
    nickwill Posts: 2,735
    As far as I know, it should be up and running 'early this week'.
    It's being moved to a new hosting company.
    This was posted on the cyclogs blog page:

'The current Cyclogs website will be closing at around 18.00GMT on
    Friday 14th March. After that all the existing ride data will be backed
    up and transferred to the new database. Hopefully, the new site will be
    available at some point early next week.

The new site could probably do with a bit more development and testing
    time, but this deadline is dictated by the need to switch web hosts.
    So, you may find a lot of the pages are not available at first, and
    things may be a bit flakey in general for a while. But, hopefully, I
    can get any bugs ironed out and get all the pages online asap.'

• Hello, it is probably my first post on this forum. I registered here to inform that I reactivated something like cyclogs was. I invite you all to test new portal with training diary, blog, calendar, synchronization with Strava and other functionality. You can create page in *.oobikes.com domain for you or even your club where you can have common blog and calendar for all club. It is not hobby project, but full pro.

Portal was inspired really by cyclogs and my old sport club page. I was thinking that it would be great to connect them. And here we are.

Registration form:
    https://oobikes.com/signup/

Please notice that this is fresh software in beta version. There can be still bugs and we will be happy if we receive a feedback about them or other opinions.

Best regards.