Focus Cayo V Ribble dedacciai

2»

Comments

• iga
    iga Posts: 155
    huwy wrote:
    woahhh I am now intrested as to how a £1k loan from my employer to buy a bike to commute to work on can effect my pension contributions as I would imagine a lot if people have purchased this way !

As this is a salary sacrifice scheme (i.e. the monthly cost of the bike comes from reducing your salary) your pension contribution will be lower if this is made in proportion to your salary, as would your employers contribution. However, on a £1k bike you're looking at £650 hit over one year so I can't imagine you'll end up eating cold beans in your dotage because you bought a bike 30 years ago. The 'savings' on the bike come from the fact you pay less Tax & NI and VAT reclaim by your employer.
    FCN 7
    Aravis Audax, Moulton TSR
  • huwy
    huwy Posts: 91
    Phew

And as I sold some unused leave from last year and the bike4work is revenue neutral I can sleep easy :lol:
  • blorg
    blorg Posts: 1,169
    azzerb wrote:
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/images/focus-cayo-08.jpg
    http://wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetail.aspx? ... ayo%202008

Front derailer neither, tho it might just be a standard Ultegra, not Ultegra SL.
    Front derailleur on the compact/double is standard Ultegra (don't think there is any difference with SL other than the finish), on the triple it's 105. Cassette is also 105 and the chain is a SRAM-PC1070.

TBH it's a bit annoying given that the price difference between the Ultegra/105 bits and Ultegra SL is around a fiver; why not just make them SL. But I will suck it up as the bike rides really well.
  • techase
    techase Posts: 15
    I have just received my Cayo Expert. Took it for my first 40 miles today. It was great. much much much better than my Giant SCR 2.
  • Flambes
    Flambes Posts: 191
    In a slightly coincidental way I took my Cayo Expert out for it's first ride last Tuesday.
    40 miles as well.
    I found it only slightly more responsive than my aluminum Condor. Although the Condor has Rolf Vector Pro Wheels which I rate higher than Fulcrum 5's.