Tour of California spoiler

2»

Comments

• redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Cavendish didn't win in the end, Pagliarini did after Cav got a 20 sec time penalty, bugger.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Cavendish didn't win in the end, Pagliarini did after Cav got a 20 sec time penalty, bugger.

I think it's funny how he brings up last years Tour of Cali - Forgetting that Levi got the same kinda penalty in the Tour de France and if he hadn't, he would've come second.

Cav needs to calm down - He's fast but his attitude needs to be adjusted - Well, certainly the publically displayed one.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Unlucky Cavendish. Would've been a different story if he'd been American. Well, if it's not going to be officially recognised, I'll nonetheless congraulate him on his first win of the season. :P
  • iainf72
    Unlucky Cavendish. Would've been a different story if he'd been American. Well, if it's not going to be officially recognised, I'll nonetheless congraulate him on his first win of the season. :P

You mean you would've agreed with the decision if it had been an American? :P
  • vermooten
    vermooten Posts: 2,697
    Last i heard, it's a bike race, not a "hanging onto the car" race. I suppose both the "blame the cheating foreigners" with its related "blame everyone except yourself" attitude is normal under the circumstances.
    You just have to ride like you never have to breathe again.

Manchester Wheelers
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    Wasn't there some idiotic decision made last year about a crash that basically ensured Leipheimer won the race, even though he should have lost several minutes?
  • avalon
    avalon Posts: 345
    micron wrote:
    Wasn't there some idiotic decision made last year about a crash that basically ensured Leipheimer won the race, even though he should have lost several minutes?

Yes:

Chief commissaire of the Tour of California Fabrizio Darnellio initiated discussions on changing the UCI regulation from three to ten kilometres to go, ultimately giving Leipheimer the leader's jersey. "Due to the size of the crash and the large number of riders that went down in the crash, our panel of commissaires made a decision to award all the riders with the time of the winner," Jim Birrell, race director said. "I think it was a fair decision and the right decision."
  • iainf72 wrote:
    Unlucky Cavendish. Would've been a different story if he'd been American. Well, if it's not going to be officially recognised, I'll nonetheless congraulate him on his first win of the season. :P

You mean you would've agreed with the decision if it had been an American? :P

Well spotted. :lol: :oops:

Hey, let a young man be jingoistic! :D
  • iainf72
    Why has no one posted about the amazing victory for Clean Cycling [tm] by George Hincapie yesterday?

:P
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Well, speaking for myself, I'm still fked after the ride into work.

I think its absolutely lovely that the ex-USP boys are showing they can cut it clean, so the 7 Tour wins would have happened IRRESPECTIVE of any chemical enhancements.

Strava is not Zen.
  • iainf72
    calvjones wrote:

I think its absolutely lovely that the ex-USP boys are showing they can cut it clean, so the 7 Tour wins would have happened IRRESPECTIVE of any chemical enhancements.

:D
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    must say on velonews, the English interviews Cipollini gave completely changed my image of the full of himself arrogant big head Cipo...he seemed quite a humble kind of guy in English and funny with it. The first interviews I've ever seen with the guy in English in 15 years of following his racing
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    Agreed! So much better than the moody 'I'm wrapped up in my own self importance' David Millar. I'm sorry i know i should support the UK lads, but i just can't with Millar. Nothing to do with the fact he's an ex drug cheat, theres just something about him that makes want to cry out 'tosser!' every time he's on the screen.

Am i the only one?? :lol: