What did you have for tea?

Comments

• salad for tea earlier & cheese on toast with mushrooms when i get in tonight :lol:
    "If i was a slug i don't think i could handle it, i'd just throw myself in the salt pot" -Karl pilkington

Whyte 46, i fall off it alot!!
  • Lots of vegetables, some mince beef and a sneaky biscuit. :lol:
    MySpace
    All fur coat and no knickers....
  • Sounds like you have turned the corner in the healthy eating lark then!

I haven't bothered following a specific diet or worrying about religiously calorie counting for years. They are all fads & if you lose weight too rapidly you will likely put it straight back on again when starting to eat normally again (plus possibly a little more). And it is all a big hassle. Should look to lose 1-2 lbs per week to lose weight healthily & keep it off more effectively.

It all boils down to the balance of calories in vs calories out! Simple as that!!

To lose weight you need to be burning more calories than you are consuming. When you are active you also need to be aware that you are taking on sufficient fuel to do the activities that you want to do & for the body to repair & strengthen. It is all a balancing act. Each meal should include some carbohydrate for fuel to keep you going (esp wholemeal/brown versions of things as they allow slow release of energy). Then I just have to watch that I have healthy options & sensible size portions, but I don't really significantly change what I eat. If you cut out the things you like entirely you will end up with cravings & risk of a binge!

For me I weigh myself quite frequently as a motivation to remind me to watch what I am eating over the short term & to cut down the biscuits & chocolate!! Means for me I don't fall into trap of "well it will be ok to eat biscuits today because I won't for the rest of the week" cos that just wouldn't work!! Each day matters while still allowing for day to day variations & without becoming fixated on it. Combined with all the activities I have been doing to burn calories, it works for me!! *shrug*! :)
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    It all boils down to the balance of calories in vs calories out! Simple as that!!
    I use the Weight Watchers pure points system, unlike most diets there's no gimmick. You just calculate the points content for each food which is based on the calories and amount of saturated fat. You can eat what you want as long as you limit your points intake to the daily recommeneded amount (although I tend to find it does steer you towards more fruit and veg as they are lower in points). I've a got CD version which works on the PC so there's no embarrasing public weigh ins. I've found as long as I stick to it fairly carefully I can maintain a steady weight loss over a decent period. The CD also takes into account exercise and the need to consume more calories to balance out the extra ones consumed.

I find using this structured approach works for me, if I don't track my intake carefully I quickly get into the just one won't hurt mindset (and of course in reality one choccy bar, bag of crisps doesn't make a difference if it truly is a one off but it soon becomes once a day for me).

One thing that has surprised me is which foods are good for you (weight wise) and which are not. To lose weight properly it's not just about cutting out the crisps and chocolate, it's about reducing the for example the amount of bread you eat (pretty high in calories) and being careful about how things are prepared. E.g. I can do a full English breakfast without wiping out my daily allowance by using lean bacon, low fat sausages and grilling everything, the same breccy in a cafe would probably equate to 2 days worth of calories :shock:
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • Oh my this is gettin too complex for me :wink: . You talkin bout me turnin the corner in the healthy eatin steaks luna? mmmmmm steaks :lol: . If so yeah im gettin there just tryin to cut down on portion size though and gonna weigh myself at the weekend :o . start gym next week so need to know where my weights gonna be at regularly. Wow this thread has touched on so many topics :lol: . mmmmm topics :o
    "If i was a slug i don't think i could handle it, i'd just throw myself in the salt pot" -Karl pilkington

• stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Steak (lean, preferably fillet) good, topic bad, down boy. :(
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • I think word association has a thread of it's own!!! :lol:
  • Lmao luna :lol:

• What did you have tonight then??
  • tuna pasta salad for tea tonite with 2 low fat yogurts not as nice as a topic bar but still yum :lol: . You?

• Chicken kiev with tikka filling, tatties & peas.

Mint choc chip ice cream to follow!! Mmmmm! :D
  • mmmmmint choc chip ice cream :lol:

• SCOTTTOMO wrote:
    mmmmmint choc chip ice cream :lol:

Now...i hope that was the skinny cow type Mr.Scotttomo!? :lol:

http://gottahurt.pinkbike.com/album/Kona-McRea/
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Last night:

Cheese and Bacon Toastie!
  • Last night, slow roasted Lamb shank with a mint and garlic gravey, Cauliflower and carrots. Washed down with a nice Merlot.

Tonight, I R dining out in manchester at The Modern followed by a trip up the eye and drinks in the printworks.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Georgeb
    Georgeb Posts: 315
    Last night roast beef, with vegetables.

Tonight...... maybe a fry-up.
  • roast dinner today yay!
    Gym 3 days this week too and its kin killed me but be worth it in the end :D

• Organic beef burgers with salad and baked potato tonight. Seem to be eatin alot more since goin the gym now too hope this is a good thing?!

• Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    Organic Red Leicester cheese n pickle sarnie, tuna fishcakes with chilli sauce & king prawn tagiatelli with sundried tomato & chilli sauce.

I R Stuffed.
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • Wow andy_b thought i was eatin alot :wink:

• SCOTTTOMO wrote:
    roast dinner today yay!
    Gym 3 days this week too and its kin killed me but be worth it in the end :D

3 days?? Pfft. :lol: :roll: :wink:
    MySpace
  • shot down in flames!! thanks beccalily :wink:

• Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    SCOTTTOMO wrote:
    Wow andy_b thought i was eatin alot :wink:

:lol:

My lunch consisted of 2 sausages, chips & curry sauce, followed by a mid afternoon cheese n pickle bun from the cafe near work.

Believe it or not I do not put weight on, ever. I can't get over 10 Stone, no matter what I eat or how much I exercise!
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • ooo i remember when that used to be the case for me :) wish it still was :cry:

• dunker
    dunker Posts: 1,503
    2 sausages with sweet thai chilli sauce and chips with salad cream and a cup of hot chocolate 8 hours ago, feeling a bit peckish now so might have a tin of sapbol or ravioli in a bit.
  • just bout to have a bombay bad boy pot noodle man theys is hot s**t :shock:

• SCOTTTOMO wrote:
    shot down in flames!! thanks beccalily :wink:

No worries sweetheart. :lol::wink:
    MySpace
  • Kippers on toast..... Mmmmmmmmmmmm...
    MySpace
  • eeeeewwwwww kippers on toast thats just a defilement of toast that is :wink:
    Forgive me father for i have sinned! Chicken fried rice with chips and curry tonite :cry:
    Surely just occasionally this can't hurt..........can it? Please someone tell me its ok :P