Turbo Trainer Effort Problems

guv001
guv001 Posts: 688
I have a Tacx Flow TT and when I use it I struggle to get any kind of speed dispite having the same cadence and effort as I do when out on the roads. Is this a set up problem? or is it just me. At the moment I can't do longer than 30 minutes because of the effort required however on the roads I can ride for as long as I want. Has anyone else experienced problems like this???

Comments

• Toks
    Toks Posts: 1,143
    guv001 wrote:
    I have a Tacx Flow TT and when I use it I struggle to get any kind of speed dispite having the same cadence and effort as I do when out on the roads. Is this a set up problem? or is it just me. At the moment I can't do longer than 30 minutes because of the effort required however on the roads I can ride for as long as I want. Has anyone else experienced problems like this???
    Keep at it. Some turbo's haven't got great 'road feel' so they'll take a good few weeks to adjust to. But your never gonna get a turbo that feels as good as the road just because of all the extraneous stuff you have to cope with when turboing :(
  • Harry B
    Harry B Posts: 1,239
    I've had the same problem but I think it's more motivational than anything. I've tried putting the Ipod on and just trying to concentrate but I keep looking up at the cycling computor and the clock seems to have slowed almost to a stop. When I'm out on the road though and trying to beat a personal best that very same clock is spinning at some ridiculas speed :(

Does anyone know how to the get the clock going faster on the turbo and slower on the road :?

A project for Prof Stephen Hawkings perhaps :)
  • Yep, a turbo is so mentally degrading and utterly boring it should be used as a torture instrument. I only ever ride 30 mins and then only for (anaerobic... :wink: ) intervals as its no use for anything else. 2x20's no chance, thats what the hills of the brecon beacons are for.