snotty roadies

13»

Comments

• Couldnt agree with you more. I ride a road bike during summer and an MTB during the winter months ( dont mind that getting mucky ) and have found most riders give a nod or a wave. The point is, the acknowledgement of a another human being on the deserted roads and tracks of Yorkshire is purely good manners, doesnt mater if they are on an MTB a Road bike or on foot I would say.
  • cjw
    cjw Posts: 1,889
    Diogenes wrote:
    cjw wrote:
    Nope, I can't take roadies seriously either. I mean what's the fun in travelling on roads, full of smog, petrol fumes, bad mannered drivers, boring scenary - same old houses and pavements and blah blah blah... that I get day in day out. )

Where the hell do you live? Come and ride the Yorkshire moors, beautiful scenery, friendly people, quite roads and very few intolerant riders.

D :D

Essex not far from London and M25 . Roads are terrible near me.
    London to Paris Forum
    http://cjwoods.com/london2paris

Scott Scale 10
    Focus Izalco Team
  • geoff_ss
    geoff_ss Posts: 1,201
    cjw wrote:
    Diogenes wrote:
    cjw wrote:
    Nope, I can't take roadies seriously either. I mean what's the fun in travelling on roads, full of smog, petrol fumes, bad mannered drivers, boring scenary - same old houses and pavements and blah blah blah... that I get day in day out. )

Where the hell do you live? Come and ride the Yorkshire moors, beautiful scenery, friendly people, quite roads and very few intolerant riders.

D :D

Essex not far from London and M25 . Roads are terrible near me.

Get an OS map and study it. There's lots of quiet lanes in Essex. I rode a 400k audax from Chelmsford in 1990 on surprisingly quiet lanes. A lot of them must still be there even now. Much more recently I've ridden in Suffolk and that's lovely too. Not quite up to Derbyshire :) but good enough.

Geoff
    Old cyclists never die; they just fit smaller chainrings ... and pedal faster
  • cjw
    cjw Posts: 1,889
    Got plenty of maps. why the hell would I want to ride on lanes or roads?
    London to Paris Forum
    http://cjwoods.com/london2paris

Scott Scale 10
    Focus Izalco Team