Training DVD questions

Rykard
Rykard Posts: 582
Hi ,

i have 2 questions. I am about to start training and am looking for some structure..

1) which training dvds do you recommend adn wheres the cheapest place to get them?

2) anyone recommend a cheap protable dvd player?

cheers
Cheers
Rich

A Vision of a Champion is someone who is bent over, drenched with sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching.

Comments

• Mike Willcox
    Mike Willcox Posts: 1,770
    Rykard wrote:
    Hi ,

i have 2 questions. I am about to start training and am looking for some structure..

1) which training dvds do you recommend adn wheres the cheapest place to get them?

2) anyone recommend a cheap protable dvd player?

cheers

All you need is a CD player, music CD, bike, trainer, a clock with a second hand, maybe a HRM and/or speed/cadence monitoring device, and a schedule which is down to your current state of fitness and objectives. IMO If you are doing intervals properly then you won't be able to focus too much on watching DVDs, training or otherwise.

On the other hand I've seen some posts from other riders on this forum who climb up the steepest cols in their living rooms. Good luck is what I say.
  • hothead
    hothead Posts: 123
    I bought Chris Carmichaels Cycling for Fitness and found it a real help. Interval sessuions are on the DVD and use my laptop on work top.

Plan on getting the Time Trialing session one. For someone new to cycling and doesn't always get time to go out due to work its great and gives me some form of encouragement as the turbo can be boring.

Bought at Probikekit.com and they have all Carmichaels DVD's in stock.
  • ut_och_cykla
    ut_och_cykla Posts: 1,594
    Have the train right power and race simulation. the first is tough but perhaps a bit boring (pyramid type stuff) and the second is tough, nice mix, challenging. From Wiggle.