Bad Bike shops - lets start with dave hinde

Comments

• NaB
    NaB Posts: 105
    antfly wrote:
    Keebbjep wrote:
    I am the friend that recommended Ramador purchase a bike from Dave Hinde and my recommendation was from another happy customer. When I told Ramador I was buying a bike from Dave Hinde the first thing he did was Google it, and then questioned my purchase based on the negative feedback on these sorts of Forums. Luckily for us we didn't take much notice of the silly negative comments and consequently both of us have ended up with excellent bikes. Let’s face it if the only thing that turns you on is ebay and negative comments I don't think I would want to do business with you or value your opinion. My view is if you are not happy with the service then don't go back. I will be going back to Dave Hinde and continue to recommend his bikes to others.

This should make us even more suspicious.It is his one and only post.Let`s see if keepjeb and ramador ever post on anything else or just disappear.These guys are clearly phoneys.

Even if it is a genuine psot I think that's a pretty weird thing to say...and reminiscent of some of the shocking feedback messages left by Number1bikebits. It implies that the customer is at fault by being 'negative'...poor service is poor service...even if its positivity that turns you on (something which has disturbing psycho sexual implications given that most 'normal' people are 'turned on' by more prosaic means like naked flesh....or perhaps bikes :lol: )
  • fluff.
    fluff. Posts: 771
    I think you may be right, someone connected with Dave Hinde might be trying to do a bit of Google engineering.

l'll still never give him a penny of my money anyway. HIs new shop on ebay (set up to escape all the negatives on number1bikebits) is called fastpartsforbikes, for all google visitors, if you want to avoid there too :)
  • hmmmmmmmmmm................

thinks these two new helmets bigging up hinde may be the man himself and his sidekick james????
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    There`s very little doubt about it.They aren`t even denying it.
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    I dunno - if it is, someone's been to an English night school class... :lol:
  • There clearly seems to be some serious negativity out there, perhaps in hindsight I shouldn't have said anything positive. Sorry if I offended anyone.

I'm happy with my bike; I just thought it was worth mentioning.

The thing is I probably wouldn't have even given Dave Hinde the time of day based on these comments, however luckily for me and I'm sure others we had the sense to make our own judgements. Perhaps it did help spending a few quid and visiting the shop, maybe that's the difference.

Happy and safe cycling everyone
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    Keebbjep wrote:
    perhaps in hindsight I shouldn't have said anything positive.

'hinde-sight'...geddit..???

I thought is was good, anyway...
  • a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    Keebbjep wrote:

hindesight even :lol:
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    softlad wrote:
    Keebbjep wrote:

'hinde-sight'...geddit..???

I thought is was good, anyway...

bar steward! :lol:
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • antfly
    Keebbjep wrote:
    There clearly seems to be some serious negativity out there, perhaps in hindsight I shouldn't have said anything positive. Sorry if I offended anyone.

The thing is I probably wouldn't have even given Dave Hinde the time of day based on these comments, however luckily for me and I'm sure others we had the sense to make our own judgements. Perhaps it did help spending a few quid and visiting the shop, maybe that's the difference.

You`re repeating yourself now.
    Perhaps you should just improve your service and someone else might say something nice about you.
  • Keebbjep wrote:
    There clearly seems to be some serious negativity out there, perhaps in hindsight I shouldn't have said anything positive. Sorry if I offended anyone.

I think you missed out the last line:

**HURRY DOWN** SALE NOW ON.

Get down to Dave Hindle now while stocks last...

...apparently.

:oops:
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    a_n_t wrote:

bar steward! :lol:

great minds, etc.. ;)
  • Perhaps I should clear up a few things.

The point Ramador & myself were trying to make was our experience of Dave Hinde was clearly different to many of you, if not thousands of you. I have no experience of his online trading, so can't comment.

If we put all the postal issues and customer liaison skills aside and assess the product clearly his items are competitively priced, hence why you guys purchased them or tried to in the first place. If you want to pay RRP for your items then go to your local bike shop (every town has one) and hand over the cash. I do agree however there is no reason to be offensive to anyone especially the customer or fellow forum nerds (I don't really know the correct term, I foolishly asked my wife, maybe she could be right :lol:?

As a few of you have already pointed out and probably realised I'm new to this forum world, and have never even thought of entering into it, however here I am trying to make a point. When Ramador first mentioned he googled Dave Hinde, my initial thoughts were why? He took what he read as fact, and for many of you I'm sure it is, but for me it just backs up what I always thought about forums. They can be very useful however sometimes it's best to make your own conclusions.
  • antfly
    I see,so what you`re saying is your stuff is cheap so the forum "nerds" have no right to complain if they get rude and shoddy service which is all the post`s fault anyway.
    I`m not sure you`re helping yourself really.
  • dbb
    dbb Posts: 323
    antfly wrote:
    I see,so what you`re saying is your stuff is cheap so the forum "nerds" have no right to complain if they get rude and shoddy service which is all the post`s fault anyway.

give it a rest!
    regards,
    dbb
  • NaB
    NaB Posts: 105
    Keebbjep wrote:
    Perhaps I should clear up a few things.

The point Ramador & myself were trying to make was our experience of Dave Hinde was clearly different to many of you, if not thousands of you. I have no experience of his online trading, so can't comment.

If we put all the postal issues and customer liaison skills aside and assess the product clearly his items are competitively priced, hence why you guys purchased them or tried to in the first place. If you want to pay RRP for your items then go to your local bike shop (every town has one) and hand over the cash. I do agree however there is no reason to be offensive to anyone especially the customer or fellow forum nerds (I don't really know the correct term, I foolishly asked my wife, maybe she could be right :lol:?

As a few of you have already pointed out and probably realised I'm new to this forum world, and have never even thought of entering into it, however here I am trying to make a point. When Ramador first mentioned he googled Dave Hinde, my initial thoughts were why? He took what he read as fact, and for many of you I'm sure it is, but for me it just backs up what I always thought about forums. They can be very useful however sometimes it's best to make your own conclusions.

This does have comedy value if nothing else - funny what prompts some people to post on forums eh :roll:
  • antfly
    dbb wrote:
    antfly wrote:

give it a rest!

Give what a rest?What`s it got to do with you are you his other friend?That or you`re a sucker.
  • nick hanson
    nick hanson Posts: 1,655
    Going back a few years (about 5 i think) I was building up my MTB.I'd already got my frame & forks.
    I saw Dave Hinde was doing bike builds (that was all components minus frame & forks) at VERY good prices.
    I didn't think to phone up to order,just drove down & told them what i needed.
    The shop got my order together (even handbuilding my wheels) whilst i nipped down the road for lunch,& I left as a happy customer.
    Whilst building up the bike I found they'd supplied something wrong to do with the back brake (my memory fails me at the mo,but I'd gone for mechanical disc brakes).
    I wanted them to send me the correct part ASAP so i could use the bike at the weekend,& was probably a bit snotty with them on the phone.
    I ended up having to return the faulty part before they would send the bit i needed
    (in hindsite i can understand this).
    The moral of the story seems to be,If you can visit the shop,fine.....If it has to be mail order,maybe not?
    so many cols,so little time!
  • nicensleazy
    nicensleazy Posts: 2,310
    Lysander wrote:
    Sigma Sport of Kingston, dont get me started!

TELL US MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • fluff.
    fluff. Posts: 771
    I visited the Dave Hinde website out of curiosity, the `about' bit is the biggest load of rubbish I have read in my life! Full of typos, meaningless waffle and plain old gibberish, c/w a 3 year out of date copyright thingy at the bottom. Can't imagine anyone reading it would think, `yea thats the person I want to give 2 grand of my money to'.
  • scherrit
    scherrit Posts: 360
    Yes please go along to your local friendly bike shop, we usually will fall over ourselves to be sure that you buy the right item for the sort of riding you do, and sometimes even help you out the night before race day to be sure you can ride when you've broken it!
    All this and we'll really try to get our prices as close as possible to web prices, without actually making a loss!!
    YMMV,
    Scherrit.
    If you're as fat as me, all bikes are bendy.
  • snakehips
    snakehips Posts: 2,272
    This thread is a hoot. Thanks to all concerned.

regards.jpgfrom.jpgsnakehips.jpg
    'Follow Me' the wise man said, but he walked behind!
  • Just back from Cyprus (As opposed to selling bikes in Northwich doh!), and had a great time riding the bike, but an awful time getting it there. I might post some reflections about this on another post.

Anyway, I dug up a thread I was involved in last year. Astonishing really since I've apparently never posted before. 3 friends and I rode the Etape and raised a stash of cash for good causes, and rode some great UK Sportives along the way. A few people were being unfairly negative - in my opinion - about the Cheshire Cat sportive so I added my recollection. Of course people on THAT thread weren't happy when someone came along and presented an alternative experience.

http://www.cyclosport.org/forum/search. ... ch=ramador

Don't get me wrong I'll complain with the best of you when required (don't start me off on Cypriot taxi drivers) , but I reckon it's only fair I do the opposite too. Your experience is different than mine. You've said so plenty of times already. You felt your point needed to be made and you made it. But that's no excuse for some of you to have a go at me and the point I've made. Or Keeb (who I know), or dbb (who I don't), and is apparently a sucker. Easy to write in an email, not so easy when you're face to face kiddo.

Make your points guys but you don't need to be rude and offensive to other people. 1 of you is a Manchester Wheeler apparently. I expected better. I nearly joined you.
  • antfly
    Sounds like a threat,are you tracking us all down?
    Look out Manchester Wheeler,he knows who you are :!:
  • Who said I'm a "he"?
  • antfly
    Pardon my assumption if you are a lady.
  • antfly wrote:

reading the post I don't believe this is the pointbeng made.
    antfly wrote:
    Sounds like a threat

Not really.
  • antfly
    ramador wrote:
    Who said I'm a "he"?

Your best pal,kebbjeb,refers to you as a he,are you calling him a liar?
  • Ste_S
    Ste_S Posts: 1,173
    ramador wrote:
    Yes you're suspicious. As Pedylan said I've written as I found, since the comments above are so different to my own experience. I've posted on here as it's the first item that comes up when you Google Dave Hinde, and had I taken all of your advice I would have bought elsewhere. I have no idea what the post is like I collected my bike myself. But at least someone who reads this forum now can read about a different experience than you had.

I think we've all made our points, yours still stand. Let's move on and go ride while the sun's shining.

I think this explains Ramador and Kebbjeb's posting. Instead of posting on here, why not try to get the mail order part of your business sorted out ?
  • antfly
    Exactly.I`m glad someone else gets the point.