Bianchi?allez? or scr?

2»

Comments

• RedAende
    RedAende Posts: 158
    stueyc wrote:
    Exactly!...the colour and style just kills me...i know i cant afford it.baby on way due in couple of months but feel if i spend £400-£500 on a giant or spesh i will still want a bianchi

Santa has just left me a Bianchi C2C Xenon under the tree.
    The colour and styling is instantly recognisable as being different. Xenon components are bottom end Campag but do the job and will be upgraded after a while. The other spec, bars,stems,post ,saddle wheels is as good if not better than what you get from one of the global bland brands.

Red Aende, Red Spesh Hardrock, Wine Mercian, Rusty Flying Scot
  • RedAende
    Stuey, go with the heart. If you fancy a Bianchi and end up riding a SCR/Allez every time you see a bianchi on the road you'll feel regret.

Sora £525
    Xenon £600

Went for my first ride yesterday and every time I looked down and saw the celeste coloured bike I new I had made the right choice.
    :D:D:D

• stueyc
    stueyc Posts: 518
    Very Envious RedAende.....
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    It depends what you want Stuey. If you want the best bike, or the best looking bike.

I too want a Bianchi, but I've just seen a 2007 Trek Madone reduced to such a price that makes me forget my groupset and brand name bias.

Ultegra/dura ace mix and carbon frame(with slightly dodgy paint scheme)
    v
    Centaur and Aluminium with carbon stays frame
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • stueyc
    only really wanting to spend £500ish...buit then i start to look at maybe £550...£600....then see something nice at £700 and think shall i??
  • redddraggon
    stueyc wrote:
    only really wanting to spend £500ish...buit then i start to look at maybe £550...£600....then see something nice at £700 and think shall i??

I think the same happens to a lot of people.

My original budget was £1000, then £1300 with the Bianchi, but it's £1400, now I've seen the Trek.

I'm afraid no one can choose which bike for you.

Do you want the Brand or the Performance? You have to make that choice.

The better equipped bike probably won't make you go any faster but feel better and probably is more comfortable.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • stueyc
    im strongly moving towards the brand...scr/allez do have a better spec but i cant get away from how i like the look of the Bianchi
  • a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    definately happen to me!

budget was £1000, ended up spending £1650 and could quite easily have gone over 2K!

Spent a good 3 months researching and riding though and definately made the right decision.
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • stueyc wrote:
    im strongly moving towards the brand...scr/allez do have a better spec but i cant get away from how i like the look of the Bianchi

Buy the Bianchi - they may cost a bit more but the frame quality is superb - none of this Taiwanese nonsense.... and as you say, the look......
  • RedAende wrote:
    Went for my first ride yesterday and every time I looked down and saw the celeste coloured bike I new I had made the right choice.
    :D:D:D

way to go! Im pleased to inform you it is a feeling that improves with time too :lol:
  • gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    stueyc wrote:

Buy the Bianchi - they may cost a bit more but the frame quality is superb - none of this Taiwanese nonsense.... and as you say, the look......

You know that the Bianchi is probably made in taiwan too right?...

there aren't many bikes that aren't these days - carbon / alloy / whatever - they are pretty much all made in Taiwan
  • feel
    feel Posts: 800
    focus cayo, full carbon, £800 from wiggle - more decisions !!!
    We are born with the dead:
    See, they return, and bring us with them.
  • redddraggon
    Stuey do what I did.

Go to your LBS with a budget, with a few bikes in mind. Look around and buy one £200 over budget that looks ace.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • RedAende

"right?"..wrong, made in Italy. According to my LBS.....

Bianchi shut down their distribution /warehouse network couple of years ago. Now my LBS orders bikes online, they are then dispatched direct from factory in Italy to LBS by TNT couriers. Sounds a story but I was there when TNT arrived and delivered a bike. This allowed to take approx £200 out of cost and compete with Taiwanese bikes. Effectively an internet system though still more expensive than Focus due to marketing, support of pro teams etc and image.

Also has a sticker, Italian flag and "handcrafted in italy".

Thats not to say many components arn't imported, who knows, the global economy, MINI made in Cowley UK, well 60% of parts come from non UK sub manufacturers.

Campagnolo- anyone know, still made in Italy or Taiwan ?

• redddraggon
    Most Bianchi frames are made in Taiwan (although some of the higher end ones are still made in Italy)

The Frames get shipped to Italy where they get painted and the components get attached - hence "Made in Italy"
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • gkerr4 wrote:
    stueyc wrote:

there aren't many bikes that aren't these days - carbon / alloy / whatever - they are pretty much all made in Taiwan

Made in italy...
  • stueyc
    Bought the Bianchi...gorgeous
  • redddraggon
    Which one?
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • stueyc
    xenon via nirone alu 7...grey/black
  • redddraggon
    Not Celeste? That's a shame
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • stueyc
    pretty new to this...thought it might be a bit too much?
  • redddraggon
    How much did that set you back?

I was planning on getting a Bianchi, but for my budget I couldn't get what I wanted. So I've gone for a nice self build.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr