Just been out on the wilier. First time riding in 15 years!!

2»

Comments

• Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    Why are people scared of getting there bikes wet, when you spend that amount of money they surely must able to stand getting a little wet :D
    I wouldn't mind if the bike only got wet, its the grime and dirt that I despise.

I could just be making a hash of it but I've had to take apart, clean and re-assemble my rear Tiagra brake on all three occasions I've been out of late.
    I don't think the RaceBlades really help in that while they keep my back clean, they seem to direct crap at the brake blocks and caliper.

This afternoon I had to stop mid-ride to adjust them as I was getting rear brake rub and the blocks just weren't resetting after an application.

Not much fun and I long for the summer and the cleaner roads.
  • a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    Its not so much the bike getting wet, it's more me getting wet! Don't see the fun in getting cold and wet this time of year. In the summer when its over 15 degrees then fair enough. :lol:
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • i have had my bike for 5 years now a £500 terry dolan bike and i race, tt on it do club runs and train on it, and in 5 years i have never washed it only by going puddles, not changed the chain, when i have been out and it as been raining i put a bit of wd40 on the mechs and chain and around the brake calpiers to stop them siezing up. and it as no mud guards . Or i am just a lazy person who needs to care about there bike more.
  • pjh
    pjh Posts: 204
    Went out today and in just 30 miles the bike got pretty filthy ... but 15 minutes later with a bit of Muc-Off a bucket of warm water and a little lube ... she's as beautiful and clean as ever :D

Those pretty bikes aren't ornaments ... they need using :wink:

It's great to be .....
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    Well done,never mind the time the fact is you,ve done it. Tho only way is up and with a regular training schedule you will soon be knocking minutes off your first attempt.Go for it mate and good luck Ademort .my work bike www.flickr.com/photos/22055777@N02/2149200857
    my dream machine www.flickr.com/photos/22055777@N02/2149993138
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura