Help with Injury

drewfromrisca
drewfromrisca Posts: 1,165
Ok, I'm in need of some help and advice. For about three years now I have suffered with lower back, hip and pelvis/groin problem, I have seen countless sports therapists, massasge, chiro, doc's and physio's who have all given different diagnosis but no cure!!! I've looked up quite a bit on the internet these past couple of days as the pain has become unbearable and can take it no longer. Looking at the symptoms it seems like I match with a sacroiliac joint problem. I have mentioned this before to a chiro who disagreed with me and said all I had was a twisted pelvis, gave me some excercises to do (which I did - no help) poked some acupuncture needles and charged me through the nose! As for my doctor, well I was told to buy some ibuprofen and rest for a few days. After explaining its been like it for a few years all I got was a shrug! Can anybody give advice on who to try next but please bear in mind that this is an expensive business and money is tight as it is. Has anyone else suffered with this injury and can offer some mild pain relief advice or excercises? Thanks for your help.
There is never redemption, any fool can regret yesterday...

Be Pure! Be Vigilant! Behave!

Comments

• Unbearable pain that has grown over the years sounds scary to me.
    Was it set off by a fall or other incident or has it just crept up on you? Does it interfere with a normal 'sofa' life? Can you sleep well? Whatever your answers the lack of diagnosis and help means I would urgently find yourself another GP or sports physiotherapist at least. As a lay man (woman!) I would hope for Xrays and perhaps a scan if normal 'hands on' examination does not reveal the source of the problem.
    My mum (78 and not a cyclist) has had terrible pain in her legs for years and after a 5 year wait for a diagnosis (!) she has recently undergone spinal surgery to free nerves trapped by a collapsing vertebrae and is now pain free!
    Get help and don't give up until you do!
  • popette
    popette Posts: 2,089
    I had pain in the same region following childbirth. I saw a physio who wasn't an awful lot of help. I then saw an osteopath who said it was my sacroilliac joint. He does a whole load of quite intense massage, followed by some manipulations which made me gasp very loudly the first few times. I go to see him every two months now - partly to keep things in check and partly because I really enjoy the massage bit and 30 minutes of peace. If I feel things starting to get tight and sore again, I know that I've been neglecting my stretches and I have to start doing them again. The key exercise that he had me doing was to lie on my back, bend my leg, wrapping my hands behind my thigh and then pull my thigh up towards my chest and then over to the opposite side of my body - thus stretching the outer hip. I have a scanned copy of the series of stretches that I do if you'd like it - send me a pm.
    I would repeat what ut_och_cykla says and don't let this go - seek further help, possibly from an osteopath if you've not tried that yet.
    Good luck.
  • Thanks for your help, today I went to another G.P. who immediately sent me for a x-ray and from what I told her she immediately said it was my sacroiliac joint. Will find out result in a week so fingers crossed.
    Popette I will pm you as soon as I get chance, thanks for help, its very much appreciated.
    There is never redemption, any fool can regret yesterday...

Be Pure! Be Vigilant! Behave!