Ditching a girlfriend?

2»

Comments

• Steve_b77
    Steve_b77 Posts: 1,680
    My wife phones my work if I don't reply to a text in half an hour. It's pretty damn embarrasing when you're leading a team meeting with about 20 people in it - really takes the authority away.

The worst thing is when I'm cycling. I have a motorola hands free bluetooth dongle thing that bleeps every time I get a text. I have to get off every 10 minutes to tell her i'm still alive and haven't been killed by cars.

Hey 'least she cares :lol:

I had a bit of a mentalist g/f years ago, most definatley wouldn't accept she'd been dumped so she kinda followed me round for about 6 months, just kept on appearing outta the wood work!!! ended up changing pubs and phone number.

Then another one, after about a month her mother phoned my mobile to find out when we'd be back from our day out, I mean WTF. turned off phone for a week and stayed away from home. One gazillon messages later and it was all over he hee :lol:

Come to think of it the only one that hasn't turned out to be a bit of a mentalist is my wife, must be something in that eh :wink:
  • A couple of mine have been self harmers. One of them tried to claim she was trying to kill herself by lightly cutting the back of her wrist. That was the one who tried to glass me. She did that in the bar I worked in at the time. Threw my pint over the back of my head and then raised the glass to smash it on me. Only one of the other staff members grabbing her stopped it happening!

I barred her. It felt good :lol:
  • Just be considerate of the causes of people like this as well - around 50% of them are purely victims of SSRI prescription (particularly paroxetine) rather than just bonkers. When you know how to defuse the situation then things are easier ;)
  • Well,despite trying to cut all contact,she's on the forum (remember I said we got talking through another forum?) and sending me PM's.
    I can't give up that particular forum,and wouldn't expect her to,but she said she wouldn't bother me on there.

I have a post in the classifieds there advertising for something (expensive) I want and she's just said she's going to send it to me as she has it....along with the stuff she's bought for my flat,a load of books she knows I want,offering to buy me a Wii on her card...

Told her I felt like she was trying to buy me back and she's flipped.

She's also drunk.
    I'm hoping she'll wake up tomorrow and be a tad calmer..

Why do I always find the nutters?! :lol::lol:
    =========================================

Dot 4 in the eye hurts. Trust me
  • Try a restraining order !
  • Ok she's completely gone loon.

Ignore her completely. If she sends you stuff, keep it and then send it back via courier with cash on delivery. Not your problem. So much as one single word will reinforce their determination.

The moment she makes a threat, then do the restraining order thing.
  • Bikedevil
    Bikedevil Posts: 1,156
    emigrate to Whistler! :D
    Brought to you by:
    Trix©orp Industries

For everything & anything pointless
  • mozzle
    mozzle Posts: 100
    Has anyone heard from cunning-stunt since his last post on this thread?
    Should we be worried?
    Should we send out a search party? :lol:
  • He's on the phone to his solicitor :lol:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Why do I always find the nutters?!

Attitude and character? Yuh think?
  • ricadus
    ricadus Posts: 2,379
    Stop being a push over and tell it to her straight.

Exactly, forget contrived tactics like faking your own death, STDs, etc just keep it simple and point out to her that her obsessive attention is oppressive and you need space.

It's a neat role-reversal from the possibly more usual situation: there must be loads of girls with experience of psycho wannabe-boyfriends who could offer empathetic advice on how to handle this loon.
  • Jimbob_no5
    Jimbob_no5 Posts: 1,568
    i met this lass from Leeds a while back, and she was telling me all this stuff about fancying me etc and id never even met her in person.
    she seemed to think we going out so when i broke it to her we're not she went mental
    like literally mental, she was going to report me to the police for not texting her and constantly sending me emails telling me i was a paedophile because i hadnt text her and i was the same age so i must just be after something

and shes still emailing me even though i have told several times nicely to leave me alone and rudely told her where to go but she still carries on :shock:

what can i do to get rid of her ????
    Pinkbike

I believe in only 2 things in life.
    1) Drink is not my friend
    2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • mozzle wrote:
    Has anyone heard from cunning-stunt since his last post on this thread?
    Should we be worried?

:lol::lol::lol:
    I'm still alive...and single :D
    Still getting the 'I love you' texts and all that,but I'm civil and nothing more.
    I don't use any words which may give her an inkling I might change my mind etc,and I'm keeping contact to a minimum - going on the forum at odd times,not replying to the mushy texts,keeping my phone off for a lot of the time etc

Trying to let her down easily and give her a chance to come to terms with it....and hoping she meets soemone else soon :lol::lol:

• Anonymous
    what can i do to get rid of her ????

Don't respond to her at all. Nothing, zilch, zip. If you mean what you post, that's what you would be doing. I would be. Is that so hard?
  • and hoping she meets soemone else soon :lol::lol:

poor bastard!
  • bikers46 wrote:
    Don't respond to her at all. Nothing, zilch, zip. If you mean what you post, that's what you would be doing. I would be. Is that so hard?

Appreciate the sentiment,but I don't want to hurt her any more than I already have.

Besides...if I ignore her outright there's a chance she might turn up here again! :shock: :lol:

• Sorry guys but i've had to laugh. You do half seem to pick them..

You say you meet her on a other site ,why don't you post up this topic on there ? as you might not be the only one she's pestering.
    Though i think you need to get a bit more back bone tell the women straight or a women who can stand up to her for you..

Just remember not all women are like that nut case.......
  • Anonymous
    bikers46 wrote:

Appreciate the sentiment,but I don't want to hurt her any more than I already have.

Besides...if I ignore her outright there's a chance she might turn up here again! :shock: :lol:

You really don't want to lose her. It's really obvious.
  • DAM
    DAM Posts: 13
    First, just tell her again that you are sure it has no future. When she comes to see you again, do not fold. Just be firm and tell her it will not work. Then do not respond to any of her texts or phone calls. If she has a husband as you say she will not want to risk that for someone who is ignoring her.

Alternatively, you could tell her husband, he will kill either her (hopefully) or you (less ideal, i concede) and either way the problem will be over.

Genuinely though, 43 with two kids cannot look hot enough to be worth the hassle!!!