Sportive section to the road area?

2»

Comments

• I guess we can speculate for as long as we want but until it is tried we won`t know...... :lol:

Fancy a private wager on whether a sportive section would have more posts than the training & rides put together after 1 year? :wink:

Something along the line of a donation to charity.......?

Matt
    Actions speak louder than words, a man stands by his deeds, thought before action if you have time.
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    I just raised £220 for charity :D
    Topics yes, but not posts as you would keep posting in same topic to pump numbers up to win :D:D
    If it works cool, just not convinced, will come back in a year to find out 8)
  • shazzz
    shazzz Posts: 1,077
    I agree with oldwelshman. The Rides section used to be quite active with sportive banter on C+. Maybe the description should just change a bit to make it clear that this is the place for sportives, audax, social runs, etc. If it does become too busy then that would be the time to create a new sportive forum, but it ain't the case at the moment. Even the cyclosport.org forum only gets a few posts a day in its many fora.

I also agree with getting rid of the redundant 'pro talk' section, but suggest you just bin it.
  • nickwill
    nickwill Posts: 2,735
    It could be a chicken and egg thing. I suspect that a sportive section would in itself generate a lot more posts.Without the section a lot of people may look elsewhere for information and to discuss issues.
  • Ok oldwelshman how about the loser donates their weight in stone, in sterling to the winners fav charity, defo threads not posts! :lol::lol::lol:

Nick I agree! 8)

Matt
    Actions speak louder than words, a man stands by his deeds, thought before action if you have time.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Yes, I,d like to see a sportive section aswell.
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    Matt Payne wrote:
    Ok oldwelshman how about the loser donates their weight in stone, in sterling to the winners fav charity, defo threads not posts! :lol::lol::lol:

Nick I agree! 8)

Matt
    Well I need to loose another stone, could not afford my weight in stone I am toooo heavy, need to get lower than 12st 6 !!!!

I believe a lot of original of the posters off C+ have just dissapeared!!!
    Maybe an ad in the C+ mag may get some back.
    Not sure a sportive section will.
    The forum moderators should have an idea of how many have dissapeared, would be interresting to know.
  • Yip!

One place to look would be handy!
    “Look where you want to go. Not where you are going”
  • nickwill
    nickwill Posts: 2,735
    Come on Bike Radar, you know you want to!
    A nice shiny sportive section for Christmas! It would give all of us sportive riders something to do before the new season starts.
  • clanton
    clanton Posts: 1,289
    Definitely interested in a coherent sportive section